27. The Island of Heartbreak

The week was spent forgetting that our love was on a clock. We kissed, we loved, we slept, we talked. Our mornings consisted of waking up in each others arms and then eating breakfast in bed. Mads preferred to drink coffee out on the back porch with me in his arms in the morning, then retreat to his study to work. I made sure that everything had been delivered for the wedding, decorations, tables, the supply of alcohol. I organized a timeline for the two weeks worth of events to come.

- Sunday - Family and couple arrive on island. Dinner with family.

-Monday- More family (cousins, aunts, uncles from Will's side) to arrive. Cocktail party.

-Tuesday- Family activities, scavenger hunt, baseball, fun activities all day. Movie night outside.

-Wednesday- Free day to relax with family and interact with the couple. Dinner with the Family.

-Thursday- Camping trip day 1. Hike to camping spot.

- Friday- Camping trip day 2. Scavenger hunt.

-Saturday- Camping Trip Day 3. Return to Inn.

-Sunday- Church and BBQ

-Monday- Day to Relax. Family Dinner.

-Tuesday- Boating.

-Wednesday- Men go Fishing, Women go on spa retreat.

-Thursday- Guests arrive. Cocktail party.

-Friday- Final touches on wedding. Rehearsal ceremony (family only.)

-Saturday- Rehearsal Dinner.

-Sunday- Wedding Ceremony.

Three weeks. That is all I have. My heart burns as I stare at the sheet of paper. I am sitting on the back porch, a few papers sprawled out onto the table showing my hard work at creating the event that will be my ultimate demise. I swallow hard and stand abruptly. I begin to pace along the railing that holds me back from tumbling down the large hill of pine trees. I grip the railing and feel myself begin to fade into the ghost that I am.

"Everything alright?"

Mads's hands wrap around my waist as he stands behind me.

"We should end this before the wedding...shouldn't we?" I say suddenly.

"Don't say that."

"But it's true. If we stay together, we'll grow closer and the harder it will be in three weeks."

"I don't want to...ending this...it's like jumping over this railing for me," He explains as he dips his head in the nape of my neck. After a minute of silence, he sighs and lifts his head up.

"We have two more days until you leave. Give me these two more days, please!" He pleads.

"Two more days. Then once I'm on that boat, we can't do this anymore. When I get back for the wedding, we need to try to stay...to stay away from each other," The words take everything out of me to say.

"Okay...come, let's go for a walk." He pulls me to the door.

I'd rather jump over the railing then have to give him up.

                _____________________

My heart beats faster and faster with every thrust. I moan out Mads's name as I rock my hips. I'm straddling him, my hands planted on his chest, my head thrown back as I feel myself reach my climax.

"Fuck!"

I tremble over him, placing my head on his chest for a minute. I feel him push me as he positions himself on top of me. He begins to insert himself and again begins to thrust away.

My hands trace along him back, my nails clawing at his skin. Within minutes he is putty in my hands, trembling away, crying out curses.

He lays beside me now, and moves his arm to let me curl beside him, my head on his chest.

"Fuck...I can't do this. I might lock you in my basement," He says panting.

"I wouldn't mind that." We laugh as we come down from our highs.

"I think I'd break you. You're going to have to tell me no at some point," he explains.

"You can break me. It feels too good to not say yes."

His hand caresses my head, brushing my hair back with his fingers.

"I'm so glad you're on birth control. I can't imaginr having a barrier between us," he says.

"Me either. I'll take the morning after pill if I have to."

"The birth control is fine. I couldn't imagine being a father at my age. I'll be in my sixties by the time the kid is able to move out," he says laughing.

"Oh god! I would be a terrible mother."

"You'll be a good mother. You're caring and sweet, too empathetic for your own good. You'll make some guy happy, having their kid. Even though the thought of you with another man makes me want to set fire to my own house. In the future, you'll make some guy happy, almost as happy as you make me."

"I make you happy?"

He shifts his gaze to look me in the eyes. Searching for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows.

"Where have you been this entire time? Do I not express myself enough. I was sure my happiness is given away when my cock salutes you every time I hear your name."

"Salutes me?" I laugh. "You're just a man whore."

"Yes, yes I am, but only for you......fuck! I think you're making me hard again."

I laugh until Mads grabs my hand. He places my palm on his shaft where I tighten my grip. He is hard, stiffening my the second.

"See what you do to me?"

I grip harder and begin to stroke him. Groaning harshly, his hips adjust as I begin to stroke him faster.

"I don't want your hand, I want to me inside you, elsker," he moans.

I give him what he wants, our pleasures being heard from miles away. The night drawing to a close. Our last night.

                 _____________________

It was mid afternoon, Mads and I were sitting in his truck. The Boat was docked and loading passengers.

"So...we just...act like this never happened?" He asks.

"No, we just can't do it anymore. It'll be hard, which is why we should try and stay away from each other..."

"You're right. But...I can't promise that I won't still...care for you. If I see Josh look at you, I might lose it. I won't stop defending you against your parents, and I refuse to see you with someone at the wedding," He explains sternly.

"Okay...I refuse to watch Kristi push you and Angela together. Please don't-," I begin but he cuts me off.

"I hate that woman, I would never..."

"I know, but...don't let her get to you or act like your hers, that pisses me off."

"Jealous. That's the word you mean to say. I feel that way every time you mess with the twins."

"I won't do that anymore."

"Thank you."

A minute passes of silence. My entire heart burns as he continues to frown with sorrow.

"So...I guess this is goodbye..." I say as I unbuckle my seat belt.

"Goodbye, Allison..."

"Goodbye, Mads..."

Was this really the end?

A/N:

Sorry it was short but if you read the bonus chapter there is more of their week together. Its between part 2 and 3. I might make more bonus chapters of their week together.

Thank you for reading.

Lots of love

-Annelie Leddy