37. The Island of Suspicion

Mads rolled onto me, his head on my chest, his arms wrapped around me. The blanket covered our naked bodies
I ran my hands through his hair as I stare at the ceiling. Light snuck through the curtains shinning down on Mads's muscular back.
He was so peaceful, no anger, no sadness, no stress, just sound asleep.

It was early in the morning and nothing was planned for today. If I wanted I could stay here all day, and I do want to. I closed my eyes and felt his hands grip me tightly as he slept. His head on my breasts.
His lips brushed against my skin. His hair between my fingers.

A knock interrupted the sweet blissful silence. Mads mumbled in his sleep, still out of it.
"What?" I called out groggily with a hand over Mads's ear to make sure he didn't wake.

"It's Angela, I thought we could talk for a moment," she says through the door.

I lean down to Mads and reluctantly wake him.

"Wake up, Angela is in outside my door," I whisper in his ear.

He mumbles and looks up at me completely out of it, exhausted from our long night.

"Allison, dear, I know, You can just let me in," She calls out.

My heart races and Mads hurries off the bed. I pull the sheet over me looking. Mads puts on his boxers and his t-shirt.

"Mads, open the door," Angela says quietly. He groans.

How did she figure it out? Did she see us? We are in so much trouble, we were completely screwed. I had to prepare to feel my father's wrath.
I find my underwear and put it on. I grab my robe from the bathroom just as Mads reluctantly opens the door.

Angela steps in and Mads closes the door. He begins to put on his black tshirt from last night as she runs her hands down her pencil skirt and flips her long hair over her shoulder.

"I really didn't want to believe it...last night when I heard her, I was sort of sad for the man who took pity on her, but then I heard her say your name..." She trails off, her voice full of hurt but also vengeful.

"Angela, if you're here to insult her, don't. It's me your mad at," Mads says.
I lean against the bathroom archway and watch as Mads stressfully moves to the bed to sit.

"I'm not mad at you, Madsy. I'm mad at the whore over there," She says flicking her hand in my direction.

"Don't call her that," Mads says through his teeth.

I look down at my feet not wanting to interrupt and cause more issues.

"She is what she is, a whore, a slut, a pitiful waste of breath. God! I knew you Struhst men likes damsels in distress but she is just a mess, Mads. Not even her parents care for her-" She rants.

"Enough! You call her a whore again, you're on the next boat off this island," He says.

"You do and I tell Kristi everything. I bet she's love to hear how you're fucking her fiance's sister," she threatens.

"No, you won't," He says confidently.
"Because, you'd hate to have people hear about how I cheated on you with a girl half your age, who looks more beautiful, who I love more than you," He explains.
She looks down at her feet in shame.

"You love her more?" She says with disgust.

"Yes, I love her very much. I cannot say the same about you, Angela," He says with a sigh.

She looks at me with a glare and then silently turns to the door.

"I won't say anything. But if you piss me off, I won't hesitate," she says then opens the door and walks out, slamming the door behind her.

I swallow as the silence takes hold.

"I'm sorry," he says. I look at him and sigh.

"You shouldn't be, It's my fault."
He shakes his head and walks to me. He places his hands on my arms.

"She isn't gonna tell anyone. I promise. There's nothing to worry about," he says calming me. He kisses my forehead.

"Come on, let's shower," I say pulling him inside the bathroom.

He follows me and pulls his shirt off. I pull off my robe and go to start the shower. As I bend to turn the knobs and I feel Mads grabs the hem of my lace underwear and tugs on the fabric. He crouches down as he pulls the material down my legs. I feel him kiss my legs as he stands up.
"Are you worried?" He asks leaning down and kissing the nape of my neck.

"A little...what if she changes her mind? You said she was spiteful," I say feeling the water with my hand.

I step in the shower and Mads follows. Once my hair is damp, Mads moves under the water. My hands move up his chest and around his shoulders as the warm water runs over him.

"If they do find out...I don't care if their angry, disapproving or hurtful. I have you, that's all that matters to me right now," He says pulls me under the water.

Our lips meet for a few seconds. He pulls away looking at me for a response. I don't have words. He said he loves me, he says he wants me, and I feel the same, however, he doesn't know the truth and that could change everything.

"There are so many things you don't know. I think you'd change your mind if you did know," I say moving my hands back down his chest to his abs.

"I love you, Allison, that includes the bad," he says pulling my arms so that I am closer to him. He hugs me.

"I love you, which is why I don't want you to see the bad," I say into his wet muscular chest.

"Please," He begs. "Just tell me whats wrong, tell me everything," He pleads. I shake my head. Tears form but I attempt to hold them in.

My voice cracks as I begin ti speak again.
"You can't protect me from everything, Mads. Some things I have to do for other people, for myself..."

"What things? Why can't you just tell me? I will do whatever I can to help, but you have to let me."
He pulls away and cups my face in his large hands.

"By not asking, you're helping...by not interfering, you're helping," I explain.
He opens his mouth, no words form, he moves his jaw in frustration as he thinks.

"Okay, I won't interfere..."

I always wonder if he brings out the worst in me, but I've never really asked; do I bring out the worst in him?