53.

James

(Flashback)

Loud continuous bangs cause me to shoot out of my sleep. Quickly turning on the light I begin to rub my eyes. It better not be that crazy chick I had over a week ago. She continues to call me over and over again begging for another one night. Who the hell is banging on my door, I thought to myself? Last time I checked nobody really lives around here at this time of year. Three more loud bangs along with someone yelling, made me quickly put on and hoodie. Making my way downstairs, curiously looking through the window before opening it. I could see someone puking all over the side of the street. Thinking to myself I'm assuming this person has been drinking tonight.

Moving closer I was able to see that it was a women, a very distressed women. She was wearing this black dress that came to the thigh. I asked her if she was alright, but insead I'm assuming I frightened her. She shot up and began running as if I was trying to hurt her, it scared me as well. I would never ever hurt a women, I called for her to wait just to ask if she was ok. She continued to run until one of her shoes came off. I quickly picked it up before she could causing her to quickly turn around. All I could think about was how amazingly beautiful she was her eyes were green, her dark hair dripping at her shoulders. She was shaking in so much fright it bothered me, is she hurt? Is she cold? Should I help her? I asked if she needed help and she yelled and snatched her shoes out of my hand. Her eyes blazed with fear and anger and I needed to know what happened to her. I asked her to come inside my place so I could give her a change of clothes. She was sceptical at first but at her current circumstances she had no choice but to agree. I told her to wait while I gathered some clothes for her. When I got back downstairs I handed them to her and she smiled. On her way to the bathroom she slipped and I tried so hard to hold back a hard laugh. Once she got up and made it to the bathroom safely. I turned on the TV and waited in the living room for her to return. Once she walked back in I couldn't help but stare her down. She looked more beautiful and for a second, I thought about giving her my charm. Just so I could take her upstairs for the night, but I knew that wasn't the best thing. She wanted to go back out in the rain and I quickly faught her idea. There was no way I was letting her to go back out this late. I told her she could spend the night here instead. She faught me strongly and it amazed me. No women has ever strongly rejected that offer. Usually women jump head first at any idea of even being in the same room as me. I was already noticing this women was very different.

"James?" She asked. Whiched confused me because I never told her my name.

"James." She called again.

"James, you alright?" Mike asked. I pulled my eyes from the window and turned to him. Nodding my head I accept the coffee from his hand. I still can't believe he's alive, I mean for some strange reason I knew he was. I was extremely grateful for him being here. We're both still in recovery and are supposed to be released today. Nobody knows that Mike is alive but me we've been catching up, and he told me how a women saved him. I haven't told him about the letter Andria gave me yet. I'm sure he's just going to make a big deal out of it since he is the reason she left.

"Alright man what's wrong? You've been staring out that damn window since I first walked in yesterday." He asked taking a seat near me.

"I'm fine," I replied taking a sip of the coffee. He chuckled to him self and shook his head.

"You think I don't know you James, but I can easily tell when your not yourself. Last time you were this down is when Andria was in a coma."

He was right I wasn't myself, I haven't been wanting to eat I've been ignoring my parents calls. I can't even stand the thought of work right now. I sighed to myself and sat up a little more, to rub a hand through my hair. I pulled out the letter and handed it to him. He stared at me in confusion.