1.

A/N
BE AWARE!

(This is the first chapter. Thank you for taking the time to read my work. This book is my first. So there will be grammar mistakes. Just bare with me; I will improve my skills throughout the book. )

Enjoy ! 😊

Andria

Quickly pacing from house to house, hoping someone is at least home to help me. My head is spinning, and my feet are making me feel as if I'm walking on sharp needles, and on top of that. I have no clue where I am. Looking behind me, growing more paranoid by the second, I banged one by one on people's doors but still, no answer. Tears poured down my face as my breath quickened. I quickly continued to run from house to house, but no response—all these big white picket fences, middle-class homes, and not one person in sight.

Taking off my heels, I held them in one hand while digging inside my sparkly handbag. Praying to dear god that my cellphone is still there. Finally finding it, I sigh; of course, it has no damn signal.

I continued to try to hold it up for a bar, but my hands kept shaking rapidly. It's late at night; I shouldn't be out this late. My body is shivering, and at this point, I fall to my knees in continuous sobs.

I can't believe I let this happen. I should have just taken my ass home after that stupid party. He was just so lovely, so I thought.... thinking about the things he did to me. Why do all the good-looking men have to cause so much trouble?

I began to feel that nasty burrito I ate a few minutes ago creeping back up to the surface. In less than a second, I started throwing up all over the street.

"Miss, you all, right?" A deep masculine voice came from behind. I didn't turn around. Instead, I began to grow in fear of the random manly voice. I wiped my mouth and got up, running in the other direction.

"No, stop, I just!"

I quickened my speed, trying to get as far away from this person as possible. That is, until I dropped my heels in the process.

Ugh, come on!

Quickly going back for them, I looked up, realizing that the guy had them in his hands. He was tall and looked like he was around my age or so. Wearing a black hoodie and sweatpants, I couldn't see his face that clearly. The last thing I need tonight is to be around another man I barely know. Otherwise, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

"No. Get away from me!"

"Lady, look, I'm not trying to attack you. I want to help." He replied in a comforting tone, and for some reason, it just irritated the hell out of me.

"I don't need your damn help," I spat while walking over to him, violently snatching my shoes out of his hand.

"Well then, can you tell me why you're out in the rain at three in the morning?" He asked sarcastically.

"I could ask you the same thing," I say, looking at him up and down in annoyance and confusion.

Who is this guy anyway? How do I know that he isn't another creep?

"Well, I heard loud banging on my door, and I'm pretty sure the whole goddamn neighborhood heard also."

"Yeah, so?" I shrugged.

"Then I come out only to see you roaming around, vomiting in the street." He replied, placing his hands in his hoodie pockets.

"Well, I'm sorry to bother you. Don't worry. I'll be okay."