Chapter 34 (unedited)

Începe de la început

Taking a deep breath in, I peek a bit. Thaddeus is facing the opposite wall as me so he doesn't notice that I'm hear at all. I step further in and turn to shut the door, only remembering that the door was now on the ground.

I step forward until I'm a few feet away. He still doesn't see me. Thaddeus has his head hanging down while I stand behind him observing the damage. I nearly jump when his fist comes down onto the wall and he continually beats it down. His shoulders shake and I bite my lip feeling the corners of my eyes prickle in tears.

"So do you plan on cleaning your mess up soon?" Thaddeus' shoulders stop moving before he turns in a blink of an eye. His eyes, usually full with a sort of blank space, held every painful emotion I could think off. It hurt seeing him like this, but being his Mate, I could feel them through the mate bond. It was faint though because of my death but when he remarks me, we'll be able to feel every emotion again.

"Annabel?" His voice comes out quiet and timid. I was not used to this side of Thaddeus. He stares at me in disbelief before shaking his head and gripping his hair. "You're dead."

"I was," I tell him. "But I'm back." I realize how wierd that must sound.

He continues to shake his head and looks away from me. "You aren't real. You're dead."

"Thaddeus," I step closer. "I'm alive."

"Stop saying that!" I stand firm at his aggressive tone. He turns back to face me the look in his eyes hardening up. "I killed you. I killed my own Mate."

"If you don't think it's really me, touch me," I say stretching my hand out. I wasn't sure if he thought I was a figment of his imagination but if he did, then I was going to prove him wrong. "Touch me Thaddeus."

It goes quiet. I wait for him to step forward but he doesn't. Instead, I move forward and cautiously I place my own hand on his arm. The sparks from the mate pull explode and I find myself wanting to curl up in his arms. I stare at him watching for his reaction and I grin. He takes a deep breath in and looks down rather than at me. His eyes follow my hands movement. "Does this prove you wrong?"

Thaddeus stills and I go even further. I reach for his hands but stop at the sight of them. "Thaddeus- you're bleeding."

"How?" I look up at Thaddeus' answer watching his eyes go blank. Moments ago I can sense his emotions through his eyes but now he was emotionless.

"Probably from tearing the house apart," I tell him amused but he shakes his head and pulls away from me leaving me to crave his comfort. I know I was suppose to be careful but when my eyes flicker down to the empty space on his ankle, I feel myself throwing away any sense of caution out the window. My Mate was back.

"That's not what I meant," he turns away from me for a moment to breathe quickly and turns back to me. "How are you alive?"

His voice breaks at the question and I watch as his walls come down. He was trying to hold himself in but the pain was noticeable in the way he held himself up. He wasn't crying of course- something I don't think I will ever see, but this was different. His body posture, his facial expression, they all lacked what he used to have. He didn't look like an Alpha at the moment- he looked like a broken man that had just given up hope.

"My friend Eunice sacrificed herself and her species to save me, you, your bloodline." My eyes water up again and I rapidly blink them away. "I'm back and you're safe."

I expect him to say something but he doesn't. The silence drones on for a while and I continue to wait for something to come out of his mouth. I watch in anticipation as he opens his mouth but I'm left shocked when he turns away from me. "Thaddeus?"