Arranged Marriage (1)

Word count: 658

(Have I already done this haha - AU not set in the real world)

"Pardon me, Miss, your father wishes to speak to you in the lounge," Seán said, only his head peaking out from behind the door. "Thank you, Seán," you replied, standing up and smoothing your dress down. You followed the young man to the lounge, your father smoking a cigarette. You held back a cough.

"(Y/N), thank you for joining me," he said, his tone all too formal. "What did you want to talk about?" you inquired.

He sighed, smoke escaping his lips. "You're nineteen now," he started. You nodded with anticipation. "Long story short, you're getting married next March."

You froze. "I'm getting m-married?" you asked, your voice quiet. "To whom?"

"I've chosen a suitable groom."

"How do you know what's suitable for me?" you demanded, raising your voice.

"You forget your place," your father glared at you.

"But father!" you whined.

"Quiet!" he ordered. He then smiled and said, "I only want what's best for you." What a fat lie that was.

"If you wanted what's best for me, you'd stop smoking inside," you grumbled.

He pushed himself out of his seat and marched over to you. He stood right in front of you, as if to tower over you as much as he could. You flinched when he brought his hand up.

You opened your eyes when you felt him pat your shoulder and walk away. You trudged down the hallway to go back to your room. Seán gave you a sympathetic look. As you walked by him, you grabbed his sleeve and pulled him into your room and shut the door. "I take it you're upset, Miss," he said with a gulp.

"Please, drop the formalities," you sighed, sitting on the foot of your bed. Seán, although he was the family "servant," he was your closest friend. He stood awkwardly by your door. You patted your bed and he shook his head. "No, I can't, if Mister-"

"Seán," you said sternly. He finally obliged and sat down beside you.

"The only one of us that would get scolded is me, anyway," you said. "I don't want you to get scolded," he frowned. You shook your head and assured him you wouldn't get caught.

"Do you know who he picked?" you asked Seán. He shook his head. You groaned and rested your head on his shoulder. He hesitated before bringing his hand up to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. The feeling of his fingertips made your skin tingle. You tilted your head up to look at him and suddenly he was kissing you, one of his hands gripping your waist, the other holding your jaw. And you didn't resist. You hungrily kissed back, a fistful of his shirt in your fist. He reluctantly pulled away and stood up.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" he stopped mid-sentence and turned to leave, but you went after him. Before he could get to your door, you grabbed his arm, making him pause. "kiss me again," you pleaded, your face turning red. Your were nineteen and hadn't been kissed by anyone, let alone like that. You were about to be wed to someone you didn't even know. So when Seán kissed you, you wanted more because you knew you weren't going to be able to kiss him for much longer. Seán slowly turned around, his hands grabbing either side of your waist as he suddenly pulled you closer to him.

"Run away with me," he said with a devious smile. You didn't even hesitate. "I'll pack a bag," you responded, a smile creeping onto your face.

(A/N) OKAY GUYS I GET IT I HAVE A LOT OF TYPOS I'll start proofreading after I write stuff ;-;

And for those of you who read "Dealing With Demons" (which I have neglected sry) I'm working on the next chapter! (finally ffs) I'm just trying to fit in missing pieces and stuff like that.