It's a Sickfic

Word count: 800

It was eleven o'clock at night when you finally got back home; you had been gone for a week visiting family. Jack heard the Uber pull into the driveway and greated you as soon as you stepped through the door with a big hug. You held onto him tightly, rocking both of you side to side.

"I'm so tired," you breathed onto his shoulder. He leans his body away just enough to look at your face.

"You look terrible," he joked, making you crinkle your nose. "Go lay down, take a nap. I'll bring your suitcase upstairs in a minute and lay with you."

You smiled and gave him a softer, shorter hug before trudging upstairs. You flopped onto your bed and closed your eyes. Only a few minutes had passed before you urgently speed-walked to the bathroom, doubling over and throwing up into the toilet. You held back your hair as your other hand gripped your knee. The sound of Jack jogging up the stairs both comforted you and worried you because you didn't want him to see you like this. He gasped when he found you trembling with your eyes screwed shut.

You straightened yourself out and flushed, walking past Jack to the sink to wash your hands and brush your teeth. He gently rubbed your back until you finished and led you back to bed. You laid down again, and Sean went to retrieve some nausea medicine and water. Right as he walked through the door, you were rushing back to the bathroom. You returned and lowered yourself into the mattress, swallowing the medicine and taking small sips of water.

Jack turned on a Disney movie, which you missed a good chunk of as you had to throw up every ten or so minutes. However, as your stomach emptied, you only dry heaved a majority of the time. Jack had paused the movie one time because he heard you crying. You were dry heaving and coughing and you couldn't stop it and it hurt. He wrapped and arm around you and pressed his cheek to your back, firmly squeezing your shoulder. When you finally calmed down and shakily stood, Jack's facial expression changed. He grabbed your face and examined your eyes.

"I think you popped a blood vessel in your eye, (Y/N)." You turned to the mirror and stared at the red trace on your eyeball. It didn't hurt anymore and it looked kind of cool in your opinion. You laughed a little.

"I'm almost not surprised. That was a lot of pressure throughout my face." Jack gave you a smile, proud that you were getting through this. You followed him back to bed.

Jack was fighting his tiredness, and he would often drift into sleep and wake up when you would get up or lay back down. He had his hand out for you to hold (you insisted that you were not risking getting him sick by cuddling him even though you really wanted to). He would open his eyes and give your hand a squeeze every time you returned, scanning you to make sure you weren't looking too bad.

Sometime around 2 a.m., you crawled back into bed, having barely enough energy to move your limbs anymore. You slid your hand back into his and he sleepily opened his eyes. You felt his hand let go of yours and then it was on your cheek.

"Babe, you popped another blood vessel," he mumbled. You shrugged. You didn't care what you looked like, you just wanted to stop throwing up for God's sake. Jack ran his fingers through your hair after you'd turned over, and you eventually fell asleep.

---

The light passing through the curtains in the morning always annoyed you. It made it hard to sleep in. So you did what you usually did and buried your head into Jack's chest. You felt his hand glide over your side and up your back, holding you close.

"How ya feeling?" Even through his whisper, you could hear his raspy tone. You gave a short hum in response. He moved his head to see your face. "Your poor eyes," he cooed, his thumb rubbing your cheekbone.

"I think they look kinda badass," you mumbled. A smile tugged at his lips and he kissed your forehead.

"That's my girl."

(A/N) This actually happened to me lol, well it's like a mixture of the two worst sick experiences I've had. One time I threw up every ten to thirty minutes from 4 o'clock in the afternoon to 4 o'clock in the morning, and my mom was with me the whole time. The second, I was with a friend and I dry heaved like there was no tomorrow, popping a blood vessel in each of my eyes. I remember that the pressure hurt, but I didn't really feel the vessels pop.