Chapter Fourty Two

Start from the beginning

"Are you even listening?" She whined.

I smiled sheepishly "I will go take a shower now, okay?"

She nodded "Then I will quickly arrange the dining table for you. Now off you go."

She started pushing me away playfully. I held her hands and leaned over "I love you, Aeesha!"

She didn't blink her eyes and continued staring at me lovingly "I want to hear you say it to me." I added lowly.

Her eyes widen slightly and she blinked "I...I love you, Ahmad." She replied shyly, her cheeks turning pink by the moment.

"I love hearing those words from your mouth." I said to her and kissed her, taking her by surprise.

For the first time, she kissed me back and I hugged her closer to me.

She broke the kiss and laid her head on my shoulder breathing heavily "I love you!" She said sweetly.

Twenty minutes later, we were sitted in the dining room eating dinner.

I moaned taking another bite of the delicious food "You're the best cook I know." I commented.

She rolled her eyes and sipped her hot chocolate gently. I smiled widely. Whenever I see her, the event of the last three years always made it's way to my head.

I still couldn't forget that day, the day I thought I had lost her forever but Almighty Allah has His ways of doing things. He really performed a very big miracle in my life that I couldn't stop thanking Him even for a second.

                      Flashback

"I...I am so sorry. We really tried our best but..." He paused there.

My mind was telling me that she was gone but my Heart still believed that she was still here, with me.

"Go on please!" I urged, trying to control myself.

He sighed "Let's all take a seat please, then I will explain."

I shook my head "Doctor! You should be glad that I am still being patient with you. The patient in there is my wife and I really want to know...if she made it...or not." I stated softly.

He nodded "I understand! Your wife...Mrs Aeesha is...is still alive. She made it alive! It's a miracle that she survived it, we almost gave up on her but she fought back and returned to us." He explained with a proud smile.