Chapter Thirty Six

They were all surprised and confused at the same time.

Mum was the first to talk, I thought she was going to rebuke me or say no but she surprised me when she said.

"Are you sure this is what you want? Your happiness matters most to me like I would always say. If this is what you want then may Allah bless this marriage, you have my approval."

I grinned widely "I...I don't know what to say. Thank you...thank you Mum!" I walked towards her and pulled her into a big hug.

I turned towards Aeesha's parents "With all due respect, I want to ask of your consents in marrying your daughter. I love her very much and I promise to make her happy within the short time she has with us." I said confidently.

Silence. That was all I received for a minute. I wanted to talk again when her Mum enveloped me into a hug.

"Thank you. Thank you very much. She would be happy hearing this. She loves you so much and would give anything to be with you forever."

She let me go and stared at me sadly "Are you sure you want to do this? She is going to...die soon and you will be left all alone."

I smiled softly "I want to do this. I want to do all I can for her before it's her time."

She nodded "Then I am with you."

I smiled warmly and turned my gaze to Uncle Luke, his facial expression was unknown and I didn't know if he was happy with the marriage or not.

He stared at me and I stared back not wanting to back down. Then he suddenly smiled gently.

"Make her very happy before the time comes. I approve of this wedding."

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. I thanked Allah in my mind for making everything easy for me.

........

Five hours later, we were ready to get married. Only our families and friends were present. After our parents agreed, I called all our friends and told them the good news, they were all surprised indeed.

Even Sakeenah was invited, I asked my Mum to invite her and her family. She surprisingly showed up with her entire family and I was...glad she came.

Everything was rushed. An Imam was called and the situation was explained to him. He sympathised with us and agreed to get us married Islamically.

My siblings were present and were asking so many questions.

We went to the nearby grand mosque, it was just a ten minutes drive and we got there right before La'asar prayer.

After Salah, the Imam asked me to sign some papers and I did. Some minutes later, we had done all the necessary things and we were married.

Aeesha and the ladies were still in the hospital, only the guys were in the mosque. The wedding documents were taken to Aeesha for her signature. We waited half an hour for them then they returned.

After Isha'a prayer, we all went back to the hospital. I was very eager to see my wife and a little nervous also.

We went into the room on the last floor, Uncle's apartment, and my eyes widen as they laid on hers.

She was breathtaking! She looked very pretty in her white dress and some make up. She was sitted on a couch shyly. She still had the oxygen mask on because she couldn't breath without it.

I kept walking towards her with my eyes fixed on hers. None of us looked away.

"Ma Shaa Allah!" I muttered when I stopped in front of her.