Chapter Twenty Five

Aeesha's Pov

"Hmm...he said you're very...hmm...smart." I lied.

"Oh he did?" She grinned.

"Yes he did." I assured her.

We heard the call to prayer and I stood up uneasily.

"Time for prayer." She chirped.

"Yes." I nodded.

After Salah, I made some du'a and stood. I folded the praying mat and handed it to Sakeenah who collected it with a smile on her face.

There was a knock on the door and it was opened. A young pretty girl of ten/eleven came in with a bright look. She was dressed in a pink flared gown and a pink hijab which was pinned neatly on her.

She grinned at Sakeenah and ran over to her. She hugged her legs "Mummy told me you're in here." She said cutely.

Sakeenah kept the two praying mat on the bed and carried the girl up. She placed her on her waist gently and kissed her forehead.

"My Darling Khairat! How are you this evening?" Sakeenah asked.

Khairat! Ahmad's step-sister!

"Good and you? You look rweally pretty today!" I smiled at her cuteness.

'Rweally!' Nice, I had always wanted a baby sister.

"Thanks dear!" Sakeenah said and kissed her cheek before dropping her gently on the floor.

She had blue eyes and freckles over her face but she still looked very cute.

"Mum wants you both downstairs now." She yelled before running out.

Sakeenah and I laughed.

"She's so cute!" I complimented.

"Yes she is." Sakeenah agreed.

"Let's head out, shall we?"

"Okay!"

We walked out the room and started walking side by side.

"Let's use the elevator. I am tired already." Sakeenah suggested before we reached the stairs.

I nodded, agreeing with her.

We used the elevator and within two minutes, we were downstairs instead of using ten minutes to climb the stairs.

We arrived at the living room and saw...well everyone there. Even Firdaus and Haleemah, Haleemah couldn't make it that afternoon but said she would come later on. Firdaus came with us but disappeared when we arrived.

Sakeenah cleared her throat to announce our presence.

Haleemah saw me and smiled sadly.

She stood up and walked towards me crushing me in a hug.

I looked at Firdaus to see her glaring at me before she looked away. I sighed and hugged Haleemah back before letting her go.

"Come take your seats, dear ones." Ahmad's Mum said smiling.

I looked around and frowned when I saw Ahmad's Uncle and Dad. I didn't see them since.

He smiled cheekily "I was summoned back by..." He looked at Aunt Maryam and frowned "My sister."

They were sitted in a circle, four unfamiliar faces also. An old man, two teenagers who looked alot like Sakeenah and a young boy.

I took a seat beside Sakeenah's Mum, Aunt Saliha and Sakeenah sat beside me. It was the only empty seat in there. Looking around at the people...almost twenty of us all in the living room.