Chapter Thirty Seven

Aeesha's Pov

"Something I should have done a long time ago." I smiled and breathed out.

I wanted to put an end to this hatred they all have for me. It was time they all know I am innocent. I didn't want to die with a lot of people hating me.

"Are you sure?" My husband asked.

I smiled at the thought...my husband. I love him so much.

"Yes, I am sure." I nodded.

"Okay then." He said pressing a kiss on my knuckles, his lips lingering there for more than it was suppose to.

I closed my eyes enjoying the moment.

"Are you okay?" He asked me again.

I nodded and opened my eyes smiling at him "I feel great."

Half an hour later, they left and Ahmad helped me into the hospital room meant for me.

Breathing was very difficult, I felt very different. My sight wasn't as clear as before. My body wasn't as strong as before, my body felt like it wasn't mine. I often felt like giving up already but seeing my loved ones and Ahmad, I feel like living with him forever.

He set me on the bed and pressed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled happily wanting more from my husband.

He tucked me into the blanket and whispered "Sleep. You need a lot of rest."

He started walking away and I frowned.

"Are you leaving?" I asked sadly.

"You want me to stay?" He asked, amusement visible on his face.

"Y...yes." I said blushing shyly.

"I want to also." He confessed.

"Then stay." I breathed out.

He smiled and walked towards the left side of the bed. He laid beside me facing me, a small distance between us.

"I love you so much." He blurted out.

I looked away shyly and heat rushed to my face.

I moved my right hand to his and I intertwined our hands.

"I want to spend a lot of time with you." I said.

"Me too." He muttered.

My eyelid was getting heavier and I closed it tiredly and went to sleep.

The next day I woke up late in the morning with a high fever. I was feeling very cold and was in a very unbearable pain.

"I can't...I can't take this anymore. Please make the pain stop." I cried out.

Ahmad was sitting beside me saying soothing words to me.

"It will be over now." He whispered into my ears.

Doctor Maigret was checking up on me. She gave me some injections and drips.

Some hours later, the pain finally subsided a bit and I breathed out in relief.

"Alhamdulillah!" I muttered under my breath.

I turned to see Ahmad beside me sleeping soundly.

I sighed happily. He had been with me since morning.

I wanted to kiss his forehead but I couldn't because of the oxygen mask.

I smiled dreamily "Ya Allah thank you for blessing me with a wonderful husband! Alhamdulillah!" I muttered.