Chapter Two

" We shouldn't hate each other because of Religion. There are many Religions in this world, just because you don't like one doesn't mean you have to hate those who practice it. We should all please learn to live in peace...for our own good. "

                      By Islaamfirst

I have to let you all know about me first before I tell you my story. My name was Aleesha, I was a Non-Muslim till five weeks ago. I was given birth to and raised in Los Angeles.

My Dad, Luke Hartward is a well known Mechanic. He had a very large workshop close to our two storey building house. Mum is a teacher, she teaches in my high school but thankfully she had been assigned to teach sixth grades. She had been teaching there for five years.

Dad kind of drank alcohol alot, he was becoming obsessed to it. He wasn't much of a loving father to me but I always thought that it didn't matter since he made sure he gave me more than enough to carter for my needs.

We had never lacked, I had a Mum who loved me like no other. My grandparents had only given birth to Mum only, they lived in Las Vegas. I had never met them nor visit them. They seemed distance with us which was disheartening.

My school, Greenswich High was a lovely school. Most of the kids in my neighborhood attended it. It was one of the best schools in my area. We were combined, Muslims and Non-Muslims.

We always lived peacefully with each other except for the common mock from the teenagers in our school. Those in my class especially, the senior students. They started it at tenth grade and I would always mind my business.

Mum had always warned me to be careful and to not judge anyone by their Religion or dressing. I listened because I didn't want to disappoint my Mum.

I had a friend, she was in my neighborhood...a few house to us. I liked her ever since she joined us which was in tenth grade. Her Dad got transferred here for an important job so they had to leave their previous home in Columbia.

I loved everything about her, her dressing, her decency and everything else. She didn't look at boys anyhow, she lowered her gaze whenever being talked back to, she had never fought nor had I. She never went to parties...same with me, she is very nice and funny.

I wanted desperately to learn more about Islaam, Firdaus helped me alot big time. Even her parents were very nice just like my Mum. I would stay over at her place and she would do the same if Dad wasn't around.

He had some kind of stupid grudge against one Muslim who did some stupid thing to him when they were in college. He felt all of them are the same...which is arrant nonsense.

We were best friends for two years, we graduated school together and went to our prom night together. We spent an hour there and decided later that sitting on the couch drinking ice cream was better.

Firdaus' Dad was transferred again to Newyork and she had to go on my birthday. It was a sad day for both of us. Before she left, I told her that I wanted to become a Muslim. She was stunned and kept asking me many times if I really wanted to.