Chapter Fifteen

So many bright stars like Diamonds in the sky

It makes me wonder if anyone can be blind towards the signs

So clear, just open your eyes

And I know without a doubt that you will surely see the light

Maher Zain

Aeesha's Pov

"What!!!" I exclaimed.

"I am getting married in after some months, that is what I wanted to tell you all." Haleemah said.

We all said our congratulations, I was very happy for her. I didn't think any of them would get married that soon.
But well...at the age of twenty one, she really tried.

"Who's the lucky man?" I asked grinning ear to ear.

"It...it's my cousin, Yunus." She replied shyly.

"Are you happy with the marriage?" Sa'adah asked hopefully.

She was quiet for a while "Actually, I like him. He...he is a very good man and my parents love him like their son." She explained dreamily.

"This calls for celebration! Alhamdulillah!!!" Adil exclaimed.

"When is it?" Dilshaad asked.

"They have not yet concluded, he went home to ask for my hand two days ago, my parents agreed and I also...agreed even though I wasn't there. The engagement will take place probably in two month's time, then the wedding. He wants me to be done with my studies before we get married." She explained, her eyes shining with happiness.

"That's so cute! I hope my own Prince charming would come soon." Batul said dramatically.

"You knew about this, didn't you? You weren't as surprised as we were." Adil accused.

"Come on, she's my best friend, what makes you think she won't tell me first? We have known each other for five years now." Batul snapped.

"I had known her at that same time too." He snapped back.

Batul sighed "But you weren't as close as I was to her." She inserted.

"Whatever, I will get back at both of you soon." He warned.

My phone rang and I picked it up after checking the caller's ID, which was Firdaus'.

"Assalaamu alaik!" I greeted cheerfully.

"Wa'alaikis salaam my friend!" Came her enthusiastic response.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, my knightress in shining armour." I joked.

I heard her laugh "Shut it, young lady. Just want to inform you that I will be at your place early in the morning. Dad and Mum are going out for a vacation, so I am stuck with you for a month which is so cool." She said happily.