Chapter Thirty Nine

"And this life of the worlds is only amusement and play! Verily the home of the hereafter...that is life indeed ( i.e the eternal life that will never end ). If they but knew."

                                           (Q29:64)

                    Ahmad's Pov

She slept off on my chest that evening. I stared at her as she was sleeping peacefully like a baby.

To be honest, I was hurt seeing that video, seeing how she was maltreated and violated. She really deserved much better in life but Allah knows how He does his things.

She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. They say 'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.' Knowing Aeesha, I really believe that saying. She is beautiful both in the inside and on the outside. Ma Shaa Allah!

"Let's take her back to the hospital." Adil suggested.

He had been moody this days and it was very unusual of him. Well...it was the same with all of us though.

"No. Let her stay here for a little while." Batul stated blankly.

I stared at Aeesha again, her face was constricted in pain and she was sweating. She clutched my shirt and held on to it for life. Even in her sleep, she could still feel the pain.

"I...I am going to take her inside. She's not very comfortable here." I declared, my voice was barely a whisper but thankfully they heard me.

"A...are you alright?" Sakeenah asked.

I didn't look at her face and I replied "No...I am not and I don't think I will ever be."

The room fell into silence and the tension was becoming thick again.

I picked Aeesha up with no effort at all and started walking towards the elevator, using my free hand to drag the oxygen bagpack behind me.

She opened her eyes tiredly "I...I don't want to go back to the hospital please."

I kissed her forehead "We are not going now. I promise."

She smiled and closed her eyes again. I got into the elevator and pressed the up button.

I took her into my room and laid her on the bed. I pulled the duvet over her. I was about to leave but she held my hand tight.

I looked at her to see her eyes closed. She was still sleeping and wouldn't let go of my hand. I gave up and laid on the bed also, beside her.

She snuggled closer into me and sighed. I smiled softly and laid my head on hers.

An hour later, I left the room and went to the Mosque. After I prayed Isha'a prayer, I went back into the room to see her already awake on the bed.