Chapter Twenty Two

Aeesha's Pov

After taking a long and soothing bath, Mum had feed me some toasts and hot chocolate and they all ate theirs also.

Hamzah and Sa'adah came over and we all had a great time. Haleemah couldn't make it that day, she called and was so happy too.

Night came and I went to sleep early with one thing on my mind 'Where is he? Where is he when I need him the most?'

The next day passed by quick, nothing exciting about it. Doctor Zayn came over and did some tests on me. Nurse Suzan had been on morning shifts once more.

She was assigned to take care of me together with Nurse Emma, her friend. I some how convinced my friends and parents all to go back to their homes, that I was getting better ( which was all a big lie)

Doctor Maigret had also come twice just to check up on me.

Firdaus firmly said she would stay and I couldn't argue with her cause of how vulnerable she looked at that time. Dilshaad also said she would stay and watch over me.

Sa'adah and Hamzah left that evening after so much of my insistence. Batul and Adil promised to come visit the next day since they lived in Los Angeles also.

Mum and Dad went back home. They hadn't gone home ever since I woke up. And I learnt that I had been in coma for a week. My parents didn't even go home then for once.

I learnt that when i was in coma Ahmad packed some of their things for them together with Dilshaad and they brought it to the suite in the hospital. His Uncle let them use it. Firdaus, Dilshaad, Batul and Sa'adah stayed at my home.

I wanted to thank him for all he had done for me but I didn't know how. I thought he would come to visit me the day before. He didn't and that day also, I didn't see any sign of him.

I asked Hamzah before he left, he was hesitant to reply but he did said that Ahmad would come very soon and he left. I was left battling with myself whether to call him or not. I didn't even have my phone with me then and I didn't know his number either.

Days kept passing by in a blur, I didn't hear anything from him. It had been a week since I had woken up and yet no sign of him. Day by day, I ask of him from everyone but the answer was always disheartening.

I was getting tired and I was supposed to start chemotherapy very soon. I had been delaying it every day waiting for him to return but he hadn't.

Sitting on the hospital bed which I had gotten used to. It was noon, I had just finished praying and reading the holy Qur'an. I didn't know for how long I was going to be staying in the hospital but I was getting tired already.

I was learning more about Islaam and the holy Qur'an. One of my tutor, Miss Aeesha, my namesake and my favourite tutor. She learned about my situation ( from Dilshaad who explained it to her when she called her) and came over five days ago.

She would teach me the Qur'an in the morning from ten to twelve. I had a television in the room and I would listen to Islamic programs all the time or watching young kids reciting.

I stood up gently, inhaling deeply, some needed air. There was no drip for me anymore and the machine was no longer there.

I went towards the corner where the balcony and bathroom was. The bathroom being on the left, a mini
fridge by the right and the balcony in the front.

It was where I used to be most of the time. I made myself comfortable on the chair and I smiled at the beautiful view from there. I could see many skyscrapers from afar.