Chapter 66

It was a Saturday night, and Harry had an event to go too. He was told at such short notice, so our plans for tonight of watching bad tv and eating junk food had to be rescheduled for next weekend.

He was told that this event was extremely formal, and definitely wasn't tie optional. Harry never usually wears ties, I mean the occasional bow tie from time to time, but other than that, rarely. But tonight, he had to sport a full on black tux, and currently, he was fiddling with his tie struggling to make it cooperate with him.

I was lying on his bed, reading a novel, sneaking glances every now and then, silently chuckling to myself as I watched Harry struggle with his tie in the mirror.

My laughter was then caught, because I notice his eyes narrow at me through the reflection of the mirror, as he turned around and glared at me.

"Are you laughing at my struggle?"

My eyes met his, as I attempted to play it off, "Hm, what?" I played dumb, "Oh, no, no. I just read something funny in my book." I lie, trying to contain my laughter.

Harry obviously wasn't buying it. He crossed his arms over his chest, squinting his eyes at me, "You're reading Wuthering Heights, there's nothing comical about that novel."

I couldn't hold in my laughter, as my eyes squeezed shut and began howling like a hyena.

"Hey," Harry whined, frowning.

I shook my head, holding the laughter in again, "I'm not," I couldn't get out the words, "I'm not laughing." I straightened myself up, having my back against the headboard of the bed, "I'm not."

"Do you know how to tie one of these?" Harry complained, still fiddling with his tie.

I nodded, pursing my lips, "I have a brother who had the same experience as you when it comes to ties." I was hinting for him to catch on.

"So, like, zero?" Harry caught on.

I nodded, laughing, "Who do you think always did it for him?" I hinted at myself.

Harry's hands gave out as he let them fall to his sides, and sighed in exhaustion, "Would you just help me with this?"

I chuckled, nodding, placing my book down on the bedside table. "Yeah," I say, making my way around the bed and over to him, standing in front of the long framed mirror.

"Thank you," He sighed, in relief, as I got my hands on the silk of his tie beginning to adjust it properly.

"Yeah, you looked like you were struggling." I teased him.

He playfully rolled his eyes, flashing that winning smile of his, dimples popping, "Oh, please," He gawked at me, "You were taking pleasure in my misery."

My jaw fell, as I sarcastically gasped, "Not in the slightest." I continued to tease him.

The two of us just laughed, as I fixed his tie, and tucked it back into his suit, laying flat on his white dress shirt.

"So, whats this thing you're going too for, anyway?" I ask, the laughter dying down.

"Its a charity event that me, and a few other men I know, sponsor for. Its for children in poverty." Harry explained, as I nodded, placing my hands against his chest.

"Aren't you a sweetheart," I gazed all googley-eyed at him, smiling.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me closer to him, "I wish you'd come with me as my date."

I knew he was going to say that. We were still pretty early in our relationship, and the spotlight still made me very uneasy.

"Harry," I whined.

"I know, I know." He let one of his hands rub my forearms up and down, "I just wanna show the world that you're mine."

"You can, but this is a charity event, Harry." I reminded him, "Its not like we're out on the streets where the paparazzi are taking photos. This is something serious." I say, "And its for a good cause. I don't want our relationship to be the talk of the event. I want the focus to be on the cause you're supporting."

Harry's eyes glowed, as his smile widened, "You're either extremely good hearted, or very manipulative."

I laughed at his assumption, as my body swayed back and forth, my head tilting as I gave him a smile, "Eh," I chuckled, "A little bit of both." I joked.

Harry and I laughed, as he leaned in and softly pressed his lips against mine.

His tongue slowly grazed over my bottom lip, needing entrance and I kindly accepted, feeling his massage against mine, and his arms wrapped firmly around my waist.

My hands found their way to his curls, as my fingers played with them, ravelling into the kiss.

Shortly after, the kiss had to come to a halt as I knew he was going to be late if he waited any longer.

I pulled away from the kiss, receiving a small pout from him, as I remained in his arms. "Alright," I sighed, "You should probably get going, or else you'll be late."

His eyes squinted at me, curiously, his brows furrowing, "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"Oh yeah, totally," I scoffed, rolling my eyes, "Because I'm so looking forward to a night alone in your apartment catching up on horrible reality shows, and scarfing my face with doritos." I spoke, sarcastically.

Harry gave me a subtle smirk, "I'll be home soon," he said, then giving me a quick kiss before releasing his grip on me.

"Have a good time, babe." I say, giving him a warm smile, "And I'm really proud of you for doing this."

Harry gave me a genuine smile as he leaned in once more, gently pressing his lips against mine, before pecking my cheek. "I'll see you later, baby."

With that, he was off, and I hurried back over to his bed, continuing my book.

I had meant to finish the book ages ago, but when I finally got some more free time while writing my novel, I took advantage of the chance to finish reading this book.

Seeing as its one of my favorites and a classic.

I was going to miss Harry though.

I sighed, as I sunk into the bed and opened up my bookmarked page of Wuthering Heights.

But I couldn't stop my mind from wandering what it'd be like to showing up to an event with Harry as his date.

15 votes & 10 comments for the next chapter.

May double update if yall are really eager. Stay tuned.

Please leave a comment on what you thought of the chapter.

I hope yall are having a lovely day.
Xx