Chapter 28

The date was over, and Harry had driven me home. We drove in pure bliss, making subtle conversation as the radio played softly in the background. Our fingers were intertwined as they rested upon my lap, and his other hand remained on the steering wheel while he drove. There was a moment of silence where the two of us just glanced at one another here and there – blush in our cheeks, soft giggles exchanged. I gazed at how his thumb stroked softly against the palm of my hand, and on instinct I rose my hand up with his on top of mine– fingers still entwined and gently kissed the soft skin of his hand– his knuckles, before placing our hands back down onto my lap. I took a second to gaze over his non-tatted right hand in mine, and noticed a birthmark on his wrist. I'd never seen that before. I smiled at how his right arm and hand were basically bare of any tattoos, besides the eagle on the inside of his forearm, and how his left arm and hand were covered in ink. My romantic action left a glowing smile on his face, which had me flustered. But soon enough, the two of us arrived back at my house around quarter to eleven, and we were sat in his car in my driveway.

"Thank you," I say, "For another amazing day. I don't know how you even come up with this kind of stuff, but you're very good at it."

He chuckled, holding my one hand in both of his on the console in the middle as we both stared at one another,

"Honestly, it was harder to come up with than you think," he said, making my brows raise.

"Really, how?"

"Well," he cleared his throat before speaking, "I really wanted to give you something I thought you've never experienced before, and I wanted it to be special because you deserved something special," He continued, making me smile, "You're one of a kind, Stella," he softly pressed his lips against the palm of my hand, "You don't let someone like that go to waste."

A warm smile stretched on my face, as my cheeks turned a bright shade of red – in awe, yet again by his kind words. Before I could even say anything, what he said next made my stomach swirl with butterflies sending goosebumps on my skin.

"You're worth the extra effort," he stated, referencing to what we spoke about at dinner earlier.

I chuckled, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, as my face fell attempting to hide the heat in my cheeks.

Silence remained around us for a few seconds as I gazed at my hand in his, taking a deep breath.

"I should probably get inside," I softly say.

He slowly nodded, pursing his lips, as he stepped out of the car and made his way over to my side and opened the car door for me.

I could never get over him being a gentlemen. And here I thought chivalry was dead?

I climbed out of the car, stepping onto the pavement, as he shut the door behind me and laced his fingers with mine once again, as we made our way up to the front door of my house.

We stood in front of one another at my doorstep just staring at one another, with nothing to say. An almost awkward silence filling the void.

The two of us stared at one another for so long, we just plain out started laughing.

I feel like we were always laughing.

"Uhm–" I shyly laughed, "So, I just wanna thank you– again for these past two days. They've been incredible."

He ran his thumb across his bottom lip before pinching it between his two fingers.

"Look," he firstly said, holding my hands in his, "I know that my life is a little hectic, and the privacy aspect isn't always maintained. I may not have the life that you'd want to live, and I know how you feel about the press and the media, but all I know is that I really want to continue seeing you. You are the first person that I've come across where there are no conditions involved in the relationship, or whatever it is you want to call it. You're real, and you're different. And I like different," he abruptly confessed with a sensitive expression and doe eyes, "I like you, and if you'd want too, I'd love to see where this goes."