Chapter 31

Ashley and I met around noon at the Early Bird diner. So far, Ashley was non stop blabbering about Harry and I, and all that has transpired this past weekend. She was scarfing down Chicken and Waffles – what the diner is known for, while I opted for a burger and fries.

"So, how good was he?" Ashley asked, with a raised brow and a seductive smirk plastered on her face.

I tossed a few fries into my mouth, "What do you mean?" I asked, mouth half full.

I took a sip of my water when she said, "In bed." – and I nearly choked.

"Ashley," I scolded her, with squinted eyes.

Ashley shrugged innocently, a sweet smile playing on her lips, "What, I'm curious."

"Confidential." I say, pursing my lips.

"So, he was good?" Ashley asked, with a seductive tone and a sensual stare.

I playfully rolled my eyes, sporting a half smirk, shaking my head and giggling, "Profound."

She playfully frowned, laughing along with me as she took a sip of her coffee.

"He is quite the romantic, though." I say, "Your magazines were right about that."

"Oh?" Her brow raised, curiosity in her tone, "And how?"

"He sent me roses this morning while I was at the office," I respond, taking another bite of my burger.

"How romantic of him." Ashley gawked, sighing in awe.

I chuckled, "Yeah, how cheesy." I laugh.

"What I can't seem to figure out is how no one at your work is questioning you about your relationship with Harry," Ashley asks, "I mean, its in the tabloids and everything."

I shrug, "Well, maybe that's because they're in their late twenties or early thirties, and they don't have the time to fill their heads with such uneducated business on social media."

Ashley nodded, laughing, "Right. So, they're all old." She mocked.

I rolled my eyes, laughing, shaking my head, "No, educated. There's a difference."

"You calling me dumb?", she gasps in defense, placing her hand on her heart.

Gritting my teeth, I sit silent and push my plate of fries over to her, "Wanna split my fries?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, laughing, adding a nod, "Nice save."

I chuckled along, as we dug into the fries.

"So, tell me," I urge, "How are classes at Uni?"

"Well, since exams are next week, procastination and junk food have been my best friend." Ashley gawked, smiling cheekily.

I chuckled, "Oh, come on. We both know that your grades are honourary. Its no wonder you're concerning yourself with my life rather than yours."

Ashley gasped, sarcastically picking up a handful of fries and tossing them at my face. "Don't talk smack. At least one of us has a successful love life."

"And the other has a successful life," I say.

"If you mean my study to become a psychiatrist, then you'd be correct. I'm almost there." Ashley grinned from ear to ear, bragging about her success in her career choice.

I giggled, taking a sip of my water as she continued, "But what about you?" She questioned, "Hows that book coming along?"

I slowly spoke, pinning words together "Its coming."