Chapter 56

{Picture is of Stella & Harry's outfits for the Chapter}

"Be nice. Just because you're my brother doesn't mean you have the right to be an ass whenever you wanna be." I scold Jesse as we stand before Harry's apartment.

This morning was another day of finding the perfect outfit to wear for a special date that was happening between my little brother and my boyfriend.

I rummaged through the many clothes I had, but never felt like I had enough – when I had come across a white romper and paired beige sandals to go with it. My black hair was in a low-side, neat bun with a few strands of my bangs dangling to the side – waved.

My make up consisted of beige and tanned colors creating a neutral make up look that made me appear as if I came with a fresh face.

Thankfully, since Spring was upon us, my tanned skin was only getting better and better as the days went by.

Jesse decided to go simple with a black v-neck short sleeved shirt, a black and dark blue checkered flannel over top, dark blue jeans, and a pair navy blue converse. His hair was in a tight man bun with no strand of hair falling out. I was actually impressed.

"Oh, but its just so much fun." Jesse whined sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

I roll my eyes, as I prep myself for the meal that I could only hope would go well.

I inhale deeply, before exhaling and softly knocking on the door of Harry's apartment.

Only a few seconds went by before we were greeted with the cheeky grin of Harry's adorable dimpled face.

I examined him from top to bottom. He cut his hair a little shorter this time. The curls were evident and hung low on his shoulders. He looked like a Prince. I was very much admiring his new look. He wore a unique shirt that I don't believe I've ever seen before. Resembled tribal patterns. His black skinny jeans were a statement as always. He looked dashing.

"Hey," I greet him with a warm smile.

"Hi." He says, stepping towards me and giving me a soft peck on the cheek.

I clear my throat standing in between my brother and Harry.

"Uh–Harry–" I say, "This is my brother, Jesse." I try to not sound as awkward as I feel.

Harry gives him a dimpled grin as he sticks out his hand for him to shake, "Hello, I'm Harry. Pleasure to meet you."

My brother glares at him as if greeting him in a mature way is some type of crime.

High school teenage boys definitely don't greet each other that way. I suppose that's why he feels weird.

"Um–" my brother clears his throat, "Yeah. I'm–uh–I'm Jesse." he says, in a low tone as he shakes Harry's hand, "Nice to meet you too."

Harry gives him a sure grin before returning his attention to me, "I've prepared lunch. Shall we eat?" He asks myself and Jesse.

I glance over to Jesse who slowly nods in agreement, as I then nod which allows Harry to lead us into the kitchen where we take our seats and eye the amazing food he's prepared for us.

My eyes take notice of the variety of lunch meats nicely sliced on one plate, three pieces of toast with guacomole spread on it with an egg on top, a bowl of salad that held baby tomatos and cucumbers, and a plate of a variety of crackers spread out.

It all looked so delicious.

"Here." Harry says picking the pieces of toast with the guacomole and egg on it, as he places each piece for the three of us on separate plates to eat.

I also took my fair share of lunch meats and crackers, as well as a little bit of the salad he prepared for us.

"Wow." Jesse sighs in awe.

"What?" I ask.

"Is everything okay? Do you not like it?" Harry then asks, concerned.

"No, its not that." Jesse says, "It all looks really good. I'm impressed. Figured you'd have someone cook it for you or just order McDonalds or something."

Harry takes his seat at the end of the table as Jesse and I sit across from each other.

He shakes his head, "Nonsense." Harry responds, "I've got no problem doing this all by myself. I love cooking. I used to be a baker, you know."

I laugh at his baker comment.

He always has to tell people about it.

Jesse nods, adding a sure grin. "Well, so far so good. I'm gonna be eatin' well today. Thanks man." Jesse pats him on the back as Harry smiles.

"What would you two like to drink?" Harry asks.

Jesse and I answer simultaneously.

"Waters fine." I say as Jesse asks; "You got a soda?"

Harry smiles at me as he then looks to Jesse, "Yeah, I've got soda. I'll be right back. Just gotta finish up making my Kale Juice."

I know Jesse wouldn't resist a chance to comment on that.

"Bro, you drink Kale Juice? That's nasty, man."

I roll my eyes at his immature comment.

"Its actually quite healthy for you." Harry says, "You could give it a try if you'd like."

Jesse scoffs, shaking his thick head. "Nah man, I'm good. Soda's fine."

"Alright, you got it." Harry says, getting out of his seat.

Harry leans over to me as I mouth 'Sorry'. He softly presses his lips to mine before walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge which gave me enough time to lecture my little brother.

"Would you stop?" I kick him from under the table.

"Ow!" he jumps, "What the hell?"

"Okay, I know you're young and all, but you have to remember that he's six years older than you. He's mature and poised, and you don't have to make those stupid, immature comments just because you're a teenage boy with an opinion!" I scold him.

Jesse scoffs, "Come on, Stell'. He resembles a father. What the hell you doin' with a guy like him anyway?"

"He's actually a lot better than you think." I say.

"What, does he smoke cuban cigars and drink fancy scotch in front of the fire place too?" Jesse teases while proceeding to lightly laugh.

"Oh shut up, Jess. He's seriously not a bad guy. You said you wanted to meet him. You need to have an open mind and actually give him a chance to win you over." I sigh, saddened.

"Fine," he frowns. "Sorry. I'll be nice."

A small smile curves my lips, "Thank you."

That second, Harry returned with our drinks.

"Here's your soda." Harry hands it to him with a small smile. "And here's your iced water, baby." He then says to me, as he leans over and kisses me once again.

The kiss lingers longer than anticipated because the sound of Jesse clearing his throat interrupted the blissful moment.

"Okay, there should be a rule with the brother in the room." He states.

Harry and I laugh.

"Right, sorry Jesse." Harry says, taking his seat.

"Why don't we talk about something else, yeah?" I suggest.

Harry and Jesse both nod.

"So, Harry, what made you wanna get into music?" Jesse starts off with a pretty good question.

I smile out of satisfaction as we begin to eat the lunch meal prepared and make small talk.

I could only hope that this would go as well as it did in my head.

15 votes & 10 comments for the next chapter.

Please leave a comment of what you thought of this chapter!

I hope yall are having a lovely day.
Xx