Chapter 11

That evening, I sat myself on the couch in my pajama's.
I gave up on trying to come up with idea's for the novel, so I opted for something I knew I couldn't resist.
Junk food and a marathon of Friends reruns on tv.
I broke open into a bag of barbeque chips and basically devoured half of it by the time one episode was finished.
It was past seven, and my mom came through the door, her heels clicking on the tile floor.
She saw me rested on the couch, my gaze fixed on the television, as she set down her purse on the kitchen counter and looked my way, "Oh, hey, sweetie."
I acknowledged my mom, giving her a small smile, returning the greeting.
"What are you watching?" She asked, as she whipped her short blonde hair into a high pony tail.
"A marathon of Friends reruns." I say, tossing another chip into my mouth.
"Mind if I join you?"
"Yeah," I nodded, as she made her way over to me, sitting beside me on the couch.
She helped herself to my bag of chips, grabbing a handful and stuffing her face, just as I had.
Maybe it was a mother-daughter thing.
"Oh, I love this episode!" My mother exclaimed, eyes widened with excitement. "This is the one where Rachel hires that cute assistant, right?"
I chuckle, nodding, "Yeah," I then look over to her, "Not that he's bright enough to be." I joke, referring to the fact that the character wasn't all that intelligent.
She shook her head in disbelief, "Look at this!" My mother points at the television, "Its clear that she's hiring him based on his good looks!"
I laughed at her enthusiasm towards the show, "Well, if that wasn't obvious." I poked fun at her.
My mother cocked her head to the side, squinting her eyes at me, taking another handful of chips as her eyes focused back on the screen.
"See that hair?" She pointed out Tag's long luscious hair, "I'm glad its making a come back."
I laughed, "Who do you know that has that hair, mom?"
She shrugged, "Many people," Her eyes fixated on me, "Your little famous friend as well."
Saw that coming.
My head slowly turned to look at her, "Harry?" I asked of.
She nodded, "How's he doing?"
I turned my focus back to the screen, inhaling another chip, "I wouldn't know."
"I only ask because he stopped by the studio today."
Her statement caught me off guard. My head shot over to look at her, as an expression of curiosity covered my whole face.
"He did?"
She nodded, "He was asking for you."
I gulped, "He was?"
He was asking for me?
Once again, my mother nodded, "Yeah. I told him you were at home. He said he had to deliver something to you. He was holding this brown box. I didn't have much time to chat, so I gave him our address."
I sat silent, just eating the chips, my eyes wandering.
"Did he stop by?" She then asked.
I nodded, "Yeah," I cleared my throat, "He--he did."
"Did you guys sort things out?"
I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, pondering how to respond, "No. It was more like a finalized goodbye, I think."
"How so?" She positioned herself to face me, bringing her legs up onto the couch.
"Well, the box contained a rose, and how he wished it could have worked out. But I think he understands how I feel about it now." I say, laying my head back on the couch.
"So you both have agreed to not socialize with one another?" She asked.
I nodded, my hair rubbing against the cushion, "Pretty much."
She seemed a little taken back by my response, as her eyes narrowed down to her fingers fiddling in her lap, "Well, truthfully, thats quite disappointing."
My head rose from the cushion, as my brows furrowed, "How come?"
"As much as I respected your decision, I was hoping you'd give it a little more thought, Stella." She said to me.
I was surprised hearing this from her. I didn't know she felt this way.
"He seemed like a very genuine man who cares for you deeply." She continued.
"Mom, you've spoken to him like twice. I don't think your assumption is correct." I made her see things more realistically.
She chuckled, placing her hand over mine, "My dearest Stella, I think you forget about the whole aspect of mothers intuition?"
I couldn't help but smile at her comment, "Does that mothers intuition also tell you whats best for me?"
She nods, "Yes, and its telling me that you should rethink your decision about this."
I sighed, "Mom.."
She couldn't be trying to talk me out of this too. I thought she would understand.
"Sweetie, I understand why you're so hesitant to give this a shot, but just think about it, okay?" She said, giving me a small smile.
I nodded. Seeing as arguing with her would be pointless.
"Alright, I'm going to take a bath." She patted my hand with hers, placing a kiss to my forehead before walking away.
As she exited the vicinity, I began pondering on her suggestion.
Should I seriously be rethinking this decision?
I wanted to shake my mind of these thoughts, so I turned my attention back to the television.
But I just couldn't stop thinking about Harry.

Look, a double update!
What do yall think Stella should do?
Comment below!
Xx