Chapter 60

{Picture is of Ashley Walkins (Lily Collins) – Stella's best friend}
Please Answer Question!

It was an early Monday morning and I was beyond exhausted. I was down at the publishing office editing some of the chapters before publishing them to the site for Mr. Gordon to see.

So far, about half of the novel was completed. He hadn't told me what his opinions were yet, but I'm sure he had something sweet to say about it. If he was even capable of being sweet.

I was typing away, when my office door swung open and in came a smiling, auburn haired, petite girl holding two Starbucks coffee's in each of her hands and a goodie bag as well.

The smell of coffee made my senses come alive.

I slowly shut my laptop as I giggled at the sight of my best friend sitting herself happily in front of me with a permit grin plastered on her face.

"Good morning, sunshine." I say.

"Good morning. One for you." Ashley says, handing me a cup of coffee, "And a goodie bag that has a blueberry muffin inside of it because I can tell by the bags under your eyes that you overslept and didn't have to time eat breakfast."

I kindly take the coffee, as well as the goodie bag with a genuine smile. "You'd be correct."

"So whats got you all worked up that you can't sleep?" Ashley asks.

I take out the blueberry muffin, and glance up at her. "Something happened on Friday when I was at Harry's. And I'm not sure if I'm reading into it or not."

I sigh, as I take a bite out of the blueberry muffin and take a small sip of my coffee.

"O–kay." Ashley's brows furrow, "Like what?"

"He–" I clear my throat, taking a deep breath. "When my brother and I were leaving, I had a moment with Harry and I'm not sure if he stuttered purposely or realized what he had said, so he covered it up but–"

"What did he say? What did he say?" She squealed.

"I think he was going to tell me that he loves me." I manage to say without feeling as though my heart had just skipped a beat.

"What?" Her jaw dropped, as she placed her coffee down on the table.

I slowly nod, "Yeah. He messed up his wording." I try to explain what had happened, "First he said something like I love – and then he just paused and fixed what he had said and told me he loved that I came over with my brother." I take another bite out of my muffin, "I'm not sure if I'm reading into it or not."

"I'd say not!" Ashley squealed, "And I'd also say don't talk with your mouth full." She scolds me as I then glare at her. "But still, I'd say not. He was totally gonna tell you that he's in love with you, but he caught himself and tried to play it off as if he was talking about something else. Classic guy move." She rolls her eyes, "Always too afraid to say it first."

I scoff, "Yeah, right. Like I'm gonna say it first." I say, sarcastically.

"That is if you're in love with him," she says, "Are you?"

I take a second to think about it.

I don't know. Am I? I could be. But its still way too early to feel this way..

Isn't it? Am I just overreacting?

I can't be in love with him.

There's no way. Its not possible.

I shook my head denying it, "I can't be. Its too soon."

"That's not what I asked you." Ashley states.

I take another sip of my coffee becoming frustrated, "What do you want me to say, Ash?" I abruptly say aloud. "I don't know if I am." I say, "I know that I enjoy spending time with him. And being with him makes me feel the most free I've ever felt in my entire life. He makes me question things. He challenges me in ways that I've never been challenged before. He's good for me, you know? But being in love with him?" I sigh, "I'm not sure that I am." I groan, "And hell, I'm too afraid to hear him say that he's in love with me."

"Why?" She asks, "It'd be the best thing for you. You are the absolute worst when it comes to constant reassurance of someone else, so it could actually benefit you."

"Do you hear yourself though?" I ask, "If he's in love with me, I just don't know if I could take it. Its too early. I don't know if I'm ready to hear those words. I don't even know if I'm ready to feel those words."

"Maybe you already feel them, you're just not ready to admit it yet." Ashley says.

I shake my head instantly. "That's crazy."

"The best kind of love always is." Ashley states, adding a sincere smile.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever crappy romance novel you stole that from should be burned to ashes." I take a sip of my coffee.

"Stella, I'm serious. If he loves you, you can't just run away." She says, "And you can't make him not feel that either. It is what it is, and you have to take it as it is or else you'll drive yourself mad."

"He can't be in love with me." I say, in a soft tone, gazing down at my fiddling thumbs. "I can't hear those words from him."

"What are you so afraid of?" She immediately asks.

My eyes instantly meet hers and as I'm about to speak, the conversation gets cut off by a knock at the door.

"Come in." I chime in whomever is at the door.

The door handle shifts and in comes the curly headed man I've grown so fond of wearing a black dress shirt with black dress pants, and black dress shoes. His hair is in a tousled mess of curls as they lay nicely on his broad shoulders. His shirt defines his biceps very well. My eyes can't seem to peel away from his beautiful figure.

His glistening green eyes meet mine, and I rise from my seat wearing a curious expression.

"Harry." I say, "What are you doing here?"

Ashley looks up at him, curiously.

Wasn't he supposed to be on set?

"Can we talk?" he asks.

My focus shifts from him to Ashley, as Ashley glances at me with a concerned expression. I gulp, as I slowly nod and give him a small smile.

"Sure."

I had no idea why he wanted to speak to me, but it slightly frightened me.

15 votes & 10 comments for the next chapter.

Question: What do you guys think Harry wants to speak to her about?

I hope yall are having a lovely day.
Xx