Chapter 30 | The Talk

Wren Hadn’t Felt Cold in such a long time. Ever since she’d come into her abilities, the term “I’m freezing” had never applied to her. She was fine with that, after all, you couldn’t change who you were, only what you could do.

  So why did she feel this odd ball of cold forming in her chest? It wasn’t like sphere of snow, it was more than that.

  And she didn’t like it. She didn’t like it any more than she liked staring at her mother’s expecting face. Entering through the doorway and leaning against the wall, Wren mirrored Seraphina’s expression, adding a pinch of amusement to see if it’d annoy the woman.

  It did. Seraphina’s calm composure tensed and she glanced longingly at the corridor that Archer had just walked through. “The boy is followed by someone I know.” She murmured to herself. “Aaric Salian. Have you met him?” Wren debated on whether to tell her mother about the first Moon Guardian. She shrugged, it couldn’t hurt.

  “Yes,” Wren said icily. “I’ve met the man. He’s been very detached. I’m sure that Archer knows why, but our two groups haven’t exactly had time to mingle and share secrets. But let’s forget about your past lovers―the Keepers know that you’ve had a lot of them―and focus on Milorn. Where is he? Did you send him back east?”

  Seraphina turned her piercing blue gaze onto Wren. “He’s leading his kingdom. You should be there to support him.”

  “I’m here because of you!” Wren hissed. This was unbelievable! She thought about the prophecy that her mother had told her weeks ago:

 The Moon's child shall stay neutral no longer

  Destined to choose; and destined to fail

  He howls to his mother and flaps his wings to his father

  Darkness shall watch him, his people shall spite him.

  But in the arms of the cold, he shall find insight to his true nature.

  All hail...THE LUNARMANCER! All hail...The HYBRID!

  The words had held so much meaning to her, now she wondered if it was all―as Archer would put it―bullshit. She voiced these thoughts to her mother.

  Seraphina nodded solemnly, sitting on the rocking chair near the fireplace. “I did indeed feed you nonsense.” And before Wren could cry out in anger she rushed, “But, it was to help you fulfill your destiny. I’ve seen many things in my time as an Oracle, and one of those things was of you, Wren. I saw you sitting on a glacier throne with a regal look about you. Milorn sat on a twin throne as he tended to his maiden. Oh, Wren she looked gorgeous! Her hair was like spun snow, gleaming bright white. Your father was with the knights, instructing them on how to guard your life in the best possible way.

  “But let’s get back to you.” The Oracle’s voice was wistful as she stared into the flickering flames. “Servants waited at your beck and call, running around the throne room in search of whatever you asked of them. Archer Lumen was there, the Knight of the Moon. He wore a leather jacket, discovered from whatever adventures he’d endured before he could reach you. He knelt on one knee, holding a durantium sword out to you. His head was bowed but you could see that playful grin on his face. Wren, you were going to make him an honorary member of your court! Imagine! A Guardian joining an elemental’s kingdom! After that whole Reality debacle. You were making history, but in order for that to happen, in order for you to achieve this, you must bond with the Lumen boy.” 

  Suffice it to say Wren was stunned. Seraphina carried on, rising from the rocking chair and leading her daughter through a closed door that had been shrouded by magic. Wren would never get used to her mother’s practical use of magic. “Why do you think I named you Wren? Because a crane is regal and proud. Just like I envisioned you.” They entered a library. The bookshelves were large and for a quick second Wren wondered how it even fit inside this tiny room. Magic. Right. Seraphina pulled Wren towards a large table in the center of the library, where a stack of books lay. She let go of Wren for a second as she rifled through the books.

Archer Lumen: Earth's Version of Hell (Unfinshed)[Edited Up to Escape]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara