Part 11

Nathan took my hand and led me out of the office. A tear went down my eye. I almost got-ugh, I don't want to think about it. We were now outside the office building. I was still shaking. Nathan looked at me and then dragged me inside the building. He brought me inside the elevator and pressed the 61st floor. What is he doing? I am not allowed up there.

"Nathan what are you doing?", I asked.

"Just shut up", he said in a dangerous tone. I kept quiet until we reached to the floor. The elevator doors opened and he took my hand and dragged me out. We went through the same hallway as before. We passed by the conference room. He led me through a hallway with doors on both sides. He then turned another hallway and brought me into a room. The room was big and beautiful. It was two stories, it looked like a penthouse suite. Gosh, how big is this building? He took my hand and took me upstairs. He took me into the first door on the right. He pushed me in and then locked the door behind him. What is he doing?

"Nathan, what are we doing here?",I asked looking at him. He sat down and looked back at me.

"Why were you in that security office", he asked.

"I couldn't find my car so I decided to go report a missing car".

"Your car wasn't stolen. The valet took it to the front for your sister", he answered. What the hell? My sister?

"What are you talking about", I asked.

"Your sister called the company to get ahold of you because you were not answering your phone. I was in a meeting when someone came and informed me. I got out and went to search for you. You weren't anywhere in the building so I went to the lobby to ask Isla. On the elevator, I was with that stupid lawyer. He said you went to the security office. I decided to go get you. By the time I was out of the lobby, Isla informed me that your sister already took your car. I went to look for you at the office and then I saw Mike with you. I then punched him. Happy. You got your explanation", he said. I kept quiet as he explained. Why the hell would my sister need my car? She freakin has her own car. But, it still doesn't explain why he brought my up here.

"Nathan, why did you bring me up here", I asked looking at his face.

"I Don't know". What. He doesn't know why he brought me up here.

"Are you okay", I asked, moving a little closer to him. He then looked directly at me.

"Stop coming closer", he said suddenly. I stopped and looked at him.

"I wanted to tell you that you will be working with Isla in the lobby for a month. After that, you will go back to being an associate", he said looking away. NO,NO,NO. Holly Shit! I don't want to work with Isla. She will drive me crazy. I can't let this happen.

"Please, is there not anybody else I can work with. Please don't let me work with Isla. She will drive me crazy. Please Nathan, don't do this to me", I said coming closer to him.

"I said stop moving closer and you should have listened to me when I said don't come up here" he said now, with anger in his voice.

"Well you know what Nathan, it was not my fault I was up here. Why is it such a big deal if I come up here", I said now shouting. Nathan then stood up and faced me.

"First of all, it was your decision to continue walking with her and you need to start following rules better. We have them for a reason", he said now shouting.

"Well you know what, fuck your rules. I can do whatever I want", I said moving closer to him, shouting even more. We were so close that we could feel each others breaths.

"You listen and listen right, I am your superior. Do not yell or shout when talking to me. Do what I say or you will be punished. From now on, do not call me by my name. You will refer to me as Mr. Barnett. From this point on, you will do as I say or you will face my wrath", he said through gritted teeth. He did not just threaten me.

"Well Nathan, you know what, you will regre-". Before I could finish my sentence, he crashed his lips on mine. What the hell is going on? He forcibly pushed me to a nearby wall and kissed me hard. After a minute or two, I started kissing him back. Our little kiss turned into a make out session.

We both separated from each other to take a breath. He looked at me and I looked back at him.

"What am I doing?", he said looking at me.

"I don't know", I answered back. He looked at me once more and moved away from me. He went to the door and unlocked it.

"I have a meeting to go back to. You are dismissed for the day. Starting tomorrow, you will be working with Isla", he said, and then left the room. What the fuck just happened?

After thinking for about 30 minutes, I left the room. I made my way to go down the stairs when someone stopped me from behind. It was a man. A really pretty man. A man I knew. Dan. He looked at me with a grin and then realized who I was. Anger then came upon his face.

"What the hell are you doing up here", he shouted.

"I was just leaving", I said as I ran down the stairs.
"Come back here", he shouted as he ran after me. I exited the penthouse and ran through the hallways. I finally saw the elevator. Yes, victory.  Pressed the button to go down. Then someone said my name.
"Blair, why are you up here again", Harvey said with an angry expression.
"Harvey, I will talk to you later", I said as I waited for the elevator to come up. Oh my god, come faster.
"What is going on? Why are you in such a hurry?", he said as he looked at me with a confused expression.
"Harvey, someone is chasing me and I am trying to get away from him. Please help me", I said. He looked at me and then agreed. He hid me in a nearby office. I didn't know where Dan was but I could here someone coming up the hallway. Then the voice said Harvey. They knew each other?
"Hey Daniel, I thought you were up in the suite", Harvey said outside the door.

"I was, but some girl was in there so I chased her. Did you see someone run by here", Dan said to Harvey. Harvey was quiet a minute Then he answered.

"No, I did not. Maybe they went some other direction. I think she is gone by now. You should just stop searching", Harvey said.

"Yeah, I don't even know how she got in the suite. You know, I met her before. God, she was a bitch. I met her when I was with-". Harvey cut him.

"You know, I think I know where you are going with this story. Just stop searching. You are wasting your time", Harvey said in an irritated tone.

"Yeah, but let me know if you find someone walking by", Dan said. With that, his voice was gone. Then, I heard the door opening. It was Harvey. He had a pissed expression on his face.

"So, care to tell me why you were in the suite? First of all, why the hell are you even up here?", Harvey said shouting. Ugh, how do I explain that Nathan brought me up there?

"Look Harvey, I am sorry I put you in a position like that. I have to go now", I said. I went for the door but then Harvey took my arm and turned me around so that I would face him.

"Harvey, you are hurting my arm", I said. He then tightened his grip.

"I have given you enough chances to prove yourself but you keep disappointing me at the end. I am tired of your crap so you will tell my everything. How do you know that man? How did you meet? Tell me everything", he said, his grip on me even tighter.

"Ouch, Harvey please let go of me", I yelped.

"Not until you answer my question", he said through gritted teeth. Gosh, I have never seen him this violent before.

"Okay, okay, I will tell you. Just please let go", I say begging now. He finally lets go and I see there is a bruise. I looked over at Harvey and his face was fuming with anger. How will I explain this to him? I started explaining to him how I met Dan. I didn't tell him about Nathan or how he has been around me more lately. All I told him was about my interaction with Dan and why I was on this floor with Holly. I finished telling him the story and he was just silent the whole time. 

"Thank you for telling me. From now on, I DON'T EVER want you to be around Dan ok", he said with a serious face. I slowly gulped and nodded my head.

"See you tomorrow princess", he said and gave me a peck on the lips. I got kissed by two guys today. What even! Harvey led me out and I went down the elevator alone. I left the office and just thought about all the things that happened today. Damn, my day started out so good. How did it get so screwed up? 

I took a cab home because my snobby little sister had my car. As soon as I entered my house, I went straight to sleep.