Anastasia

It's literally only been a week and Anastasia was an instant popular girl. I don't even care about popularity, because its a fucked up system. But the gossip is immaculate. The only popularity I get is with Joey and Soph. 

Joey started his move on Anastasia Madison Rodriguez. Fancy name, rich girl who moved into the town. She was smart to sign up for Spanish class cuz her family is from Spain. That was Joey's excuse to make a move on her. At least he no longer asks me to help him with spanish, even though I take french. 

Joey soon started to hang out with the popular people after school more often just because he started dating Anastasia. He stopped talking to me for a while, and it felt weird having to walk home by myself afterschool, instead of going to his house. 

But today, Joey finally called me to come over. After being stuck at home by myself for days, Jen told Joey to call me to come to their house. 

"you know I was invited to go to a party this weekend and I know you'll be staying over my house since your mom's working night shift again." he pats my head in pity. "You need to come with me since stas went on some family road trip."

I ignore him as he stares at me in a creepy way. "Sophie can come with us since you're mad at me. You acting like you're mad at me," He continues once he got tired staring at me. 

"ugh. fine. since I have had a bunch of alone time at home by myself, home alone, I already done all my homework and projects," I fake smile as I emphasise being home alone for days. 

"Anna, you deadass come to our house on a daily. Even without us asking. You're the one that's staying home by yourself because you chose to," Joey explains. 

"Anyways, change your attitude and be more friendly. Oh and did you remember, Our birthdays are in like 4 months!" He squishes my face with his fingers. 

"yeah yeah whatever," I laugh a little as i swat his hands off my face. 

"there's that smile I was looking for," he smiles. 

The weekend came, and I came over to their house to get ready with Sophia, despite it only being a regular house party. 

"What do you mean do your makeup?" I laugh at Soph. "Girl, were just going to someone's house." 

"Girl I'm just kidding. No offense," she smirks off. "Also what's with the new girlfriend? I don't like her." 

"I honestly don't know. He's just gonna end up hurting her, or the other way around." I roll my eyes. "It's not like he's my boyfriend." 

"You know, y'all could look cute together but you guys are polar opposites, but opposites attract," sophie winks. "But he likes a girl that looks like she can kill someone just by looking that them. Maybe like Medusa."

"okay, it's almost time. And Joey texted he's almost here with his "buddy Chris"." I tell Soph as I read the text from Joey. "Let's start heading out."

"But your outfit-" she stares up and down on me with judgement in her eyes. "its ugly."

"Its literally a highschool party. Im not getting laid tonight. I don't want to." I walk out of her room.

It's already time and Joey opens the door of his house to yell "the king has arrived." Luckily, this Chris dude was older, so the new car scent really helped. 

"Joey where's your little girlfriend Anesthesia?" Chris asked. Soph and I snicker in the back of the car, while Joey gives us the stink eye. I like this Chris. 

"Anastasia. Road trip bc family from Spain is in town." He justifies. 

"thought you'd bring her as your date that's why." Chris innocently smiles. "Just don't understand why you'd bring your little sister and your nanny's daughter." I've never been so offended in my life. Joey swats my hands as I almost gesture choking this Chris dude as he drives. 

We at the party and there's a lot of people I don't really like,  but some of my regular school friends are seen. I just thank myself I charged my phone before coming, because I just don't wanna deal with these people.