valentine's day // josh dun

it was early and you were making breakfast alone on valentine's day. you took out a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out a heart in the middle of the toast and stuck it in the toaster. you cracked an egg and watched it sizzle. you stood there thinking about how much you miss your boyfriend who was on tour right now. "why does Josh always leave me on holidays!" you pouted while scrambling the slightly burnt egg. you admitted to yourself you were being bitter and that a dumb holiday like valentine's day isn't as important as you think. "Josh is out doing what he loves! why should i just want him for one day out the six month period that he is gone!" you sighed and sat at the dinner table staring at the seat josh usually sits at. you assembled your blueberries into a heart on your plate and decided to text josh a "happy valentine's day".

"hello and good morning, my sweet yellow headed angel! happy valentine's day! have a great day on tour! love and miss you."

as you were washing dishes, you hummed the tune of josh's trumpet solo in "We Don't Believe What's On TV". just when the "yeah yeah yeah's" started to roll around you heard a buzz. josh had finally texted back.

"good morning and happy valentine's day, y/n! let me guess you made your famous heart toast you always make on valentine's day. miss you too, baby."

you smiled a grin as wide as the moon and hugged your phone. "god how i miss you!" you whispered. tears welled up in your eyes as you texted back...

"please come home soon"

and in a flash he texted back

"already home. come outside, y/n"

you dropped your phone and ran to the front door. you slammed the door open as hard and as fast as ever hoping that josh wasn't playing a prank on you. and he wasn't. josh stood there with a heart balloon in one hand and a big red bag in the other. his smile was ear to ear, his eye crinkles were prominent, and his yellow hair matched the glowing morning sun. you quietly gasped at the sight of your beautiful, beautiful boyfriend.

"happy valentine's day, y/n" josh said still smiling that dumb smile you love so much.

you ran out in your socks, josh's plaid boxers, and one of josh's cat shirts. you jumped into his arms. josh still managed to hold onto the gifts he got for you. you pulled out of the hug and started kissing all over his face.

"how" kiss "did you" kiss "get" kiss "here" kiss

"i", josh said before kissing you on the lips, "flew back for the day. we set the tour back one day awhile ago so tyler and i could see our beloved girlfriends we so dearly treasure!"

every time he talked you lit up like a light bulb. when you finally snapped out of that daze his voice had you in you noticed a gift in a red bag. being a sucker for any type of gift you said, "so...is that for me?" josh nodded his head and handed the bag over. you took out the red paper that filled the top and smiled at the gift. it was one of josh's shirts in a ziplock bag. black marker was used on the bag it read, "fermented Joshua Dun scent." you look up at him and chuckled and continued reading. "for the days when you want me with you while i am away. love you forever and always, josh."

you looked up at him teary eyed. he embraced you and said, "i never understood why you love how i smell." you pulled out the hug again and shouted "i have your gift, stay here!" "aye aye captain", josh said to me before i disappeared into the house. "here", you said handing josh the poorly wrapped object. "it's amazing" josh said stunned. you gave him his favorite drum sticks with your name engraved into the sides of them. "for the days when you want me with you while you're away", you said repeating back to him what he wrote on your gift.

you both thanked each other and shared some pecks on the lips. you stared at each other for a bit until you said, "i can't believe you're here!" you moved your hands about and opened them accidentally releasing the heart shaped balloon josh got for you. your mouth dropped open as you gazed up at the floating balloon. "and i can't believe you just did that, y/n", josh said smiling down at you.

A/N
i can't believe i have been gone for so long. well i am back now!!!!! i was supposed to upload this Tuesday, but i last minute went to the tøp concert. peep the pic @ the top of the imagine. iT WAs SO FUCKING GREAt seEING THEM FOR A SECOND TIME UGH HIGHLY RECOMMEND 1000000/10. anyway, luv and miss you all!!!!