coffee or tea? // tyler joseph

it was a chilly Sunday morning in Columbus, Ohio. you had woken up early today and got ready around 9:30am just for fun. it was now 10:00am and your roommate wasn't awake yet so you decided to go to one of your favorite places. 'Lake's Coffee House'.

you grabbed your house keys and your wallet. then checking it to make sure you had enough money to buy a coffee. you decided to walk since it was only 3 blocks away from your suburb apartment.

on your walk there you looked at the melting snow on the sidewalk and at the tall trees standing on the other side of the street. you took a deep breath taking in the soothing smells of your hometown. before you knew it you were already there.

when you got to the doors you looked up at the big sign saying 'Lake's Coffee House'. you smiled and walked in. when you walked in the bells on the door jingled signaling to the workers someone was here.

as you walked over to the counter with your hands in your hoodie pocket a barista you knew starting talking to you.

"good morning y/n! what would you like today? your usual?" says one of the baristas.

"hi, good morning. I would like my usual. damn, you guys know me so well."

you chuckle saying to the barista of your favorite coffee/tea house.

you hand the cashier your money and sat down in a wicker chair at a stone table to wait for your coffee.

you came here nearly everyday. everyone who worked there knew you. this place was like a second home to you.

"for y/n." said one of the baristas.

you got up and walked over to the other little counter to get your drink.

as you grabbed your drink and started walking back someone came through the door.

it was a guy who looked about your age. he had really nice hair. it was fluffy at the top with the sides slightly shaven. his eyes were this beautiful brown.

you kept watching him as you walked back to your seat mesmerized by his face.

"hello. what could I get for you today?" the cashier said to the beautifully constructed boy.

"hi. I'd like a hot green tea with honey." the boy said quietly.

his voice was so cute. you could listen to him talk for hours.

you turned your head back to your phone and coffee. just a couple minutes later you felt like someone was watching you. you slowly looked up to see the boy with his arms crossed leaning up against the counter waiting for his drink staring right at you.

he blushed.

"for tyler." said the barista said setting a mixing straw and his drink down on small counter.

" mmmm tyler. what a cute name." you thought

you were still watching him get his drink and then mixing it. when he turn around to find a seat you whipped your head back to your phone.

you started getting nervous cause he was making his way to the empty chair in front of you.

"of course. you gotta sit right there next to me!?" you thought.

he sat down right in front me.

his eyes brighter then when you first saw him walk him in.

the first words the boy spoke was, " coffee or tea?"

you replied with one word, "coffee."

"tea." said tyler then he took a swig of his drink.

"oh um sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. hi, I'm tyler and I'm pretty lame." he reached his hand out for you to shake it.

"hi tyler. I'm y/n and I'm lame too so don't worry." you chuckle then reach your hand out to reach his and then you both shake hands.

you feel sparks. you don't know why. you just met him. you guys barley even talked. well yeah he's really attractive but why?

you guys release your grip from each other and tyler starts to talk again with his calming, cute voice.

"so tell me somethings about yourself." tyler says smiling wide.

"um well. I'm 25, I come here almost everyday, i have a roommate, I play some instruments, I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 18, and I write a lot. what about you ty-guy? can I call you that? too late already did." you chuckled at yourself by calling him Ty-guy.

" haha of course you can call me that y/n. well I'm 26, I'm in a band, tacobell is my favorite place to go besides here, I've lived in Columbus my whole life, I have a roommate named Josh. he is also my band mate, and I went to college then dropped out cause it wasnt my thing." tyler said.

you guys have only been talking for about 15 minutes and you guys felt like best friends.

it was now 11:45 and you guys have been talking to each other for more than an hour. you loved every second of it and wished it would never end.

10 minutes goes by and you get a text from your roommate saying "y/n! why aren't you home? you know we had made plans for the art museum at 12pm today a week ago!!!"

you replied to the text with, "ughhh sorry. I went down to the coffee shop to get a coffee. then I met someone really cute here!!! but coming home now don't worry."

you got up and ran over to get a napkin from the little counter where the drinks are put up on.

"y/n what are you doing?" tyler said confused.

once you grabbed the napkin you asked the cashier for a pen. then you ran back to the table, wrote down your number on napkin and pushed it over to tyler.

"I have to go Ty-guy. sorry, text me later. bye!" you said standing up then walking away.

he stood up and grabbed your wrist. you turned around quickly. he leaned in slowly to kiss you and you leaned in fast kissing him so passionately. 10 seconds pasted and you both unlocked lips.

you grab your empty coffee cup and said "bye Ty-guy." you giggled, then throwing your cup in the trash.

he grabbed the napkin with your number on it and put it in his jacket pocket. he called back "bye y/n" he said with his small but cute voice and then winked.

you ran out the door smiling like a dork cause you just kissed such a sweet and beautiful boy for the first time in a long time.

tyler watched you as you ran out the door trying to get home as fast as you can so your roommate isn't mad.

••••••••••••••
a couple hours after the art museum date with your best friend you heard a 'ding ding' come from your phone. it was a number you didn't know. you opened it up to the text and it read, "hi y/n! it's tyler. I had I really great time talking to you today."

your eyes lit up at his text. you added him into your contacts with the name 'Ty-guy'

you- "hi Ty! I did too. we need to hang out sometime soon."

ty-guy- "can I tell you something though?"

you- " of course ty-guy!"

Ty-guy- "you're beautiful y/n."

you dropped your phone at the text. you blushed and started smiling like an idiot.

you replied with "thank you so much, but we all know who the beautiful one here is. and that's you!"

you laughed at your own text. maybe this was the start of something new. and you liked new.

A//N
hello fellow readers. this was bad sorry! I thought it has a cute plot though.