colors // josh dun

you have been with josh way before he started dying his hair silly, bright colors. his old, natural hair was brown and he had the same colored eyes to match. now don't get me wrong you still love his hair now. his faded, thin red hair. but that hasn't been the only color. you thought back to the beginning of your relationship and tried to remember the first color he dyed his hair.

pink? pink, was the first color young Joshua dyed his hair. it was an act of spontaneity. you remember the day josh came home from the drugstore when he said he was just going to buy m&m's. holding up the pink dye in the doorway, smiling so wide his cheeks covered half of his eyes. later he realized, he was so caught up in seeing the bright pink color on sale that he checked out and forgot to get his m&m's.

purple was the second. purple made him look like a cute feminine fairy. you swore this hair color brought out the most happiest josh you've ever seen. always running around, making you breakfast, buying you things with the money you were suppose to use on rent but he didn't care. you remembered how once he came home with a teddy bear almost twice the size of josh himself. you remember him knocking on the apartment door, you opening it, and then seeing a humongous bear. josh said, "surprise!", but it was muffled because the bear was nearly suffocating him.

after a little more thinking you got the third color. blue. blue was a hard, hard time. one of Josh's relatives had pasted from a drunk driving accident. of course, the person who was drunk and made the accident happen didn't get hurt at all. a day or two after the accident, josh locked himself in the bathroom for about 3 hours. you didn't notice he was in there until you had to pee. "josh are you okay?". silence. "josh?", you said louder and now knocking. a couple minutes after, he swung the door open. there stood a pale josh with bloodshot, puffy eyes with tearing rolling down his cheeks and...blue hair. careless josh was gone and sad josh was here to stay for awhile

green. again, nothing but good things with this color. even though at first you were hesitant but after all the Shrek jokes you made and josh's complaining, he soon turned so confident. he would never put himself down and finally thought he was a pretty boy. him being confident made things more smooth. for example, trying on clothes, going with a shirt off, the sex. you remembered a time where josh came home from a long day at work and instead of taking a nap like usual, something else happened. let's just say it was the best sex you guys have had in awhile.

orange. oh my god, orange was the funniest hair color josh has every had. dont get me wrong, you thought ever hair color he had looked amazing on him. but this time orange was an accident. instead of doing his hair himself this time he went to a hair stylist thinking it would be more professional. he was wrong. you remember him leaving for the appointment telling you he was going to come back with neon yellow hair. you made a highlighter joke and he left out the door. you also remember him coming home so angry. "y/n! I spend 35 dollars on this?!?", he said taking off his snapback. a mound of orange hair laid on top of an angry Josh's head.

the last color. the one he currently still has. it's most likely his favorite so far. red. he dyed his hair red around the time his and Tyler's band was getting popular. with the new album on the way and the colors being black and red. he decided red was appropriate. you remember that for the first time he asked you to dye it for him. giving you complete control even though you had no idea what you were doing. the red gave him power, determination. you remember going into the basement of our new home and seeing josh beating his drum kit. you walked out and he was dripping in sweat with his hands rubbed raw. you've never seen him so determined to do anything. he looked up at you and said, "I gotta make this album good. for them, for Tyler, for you."

even though determined josh is still around, you can tell that this isn't the end. many more emotions, hair colors, and types of joshs.

A/N
okay well I had a fucking blast writing this one. tell me what josh was your favorite in this imagine! I love you all! get me to 25k and also check out my Outsiders imagines!!!!