midnight blues // tyler joseph

it was around 12:30pm when your mother yelled "get out" at the top of her lungs.
you stood in the kitchen in awe, not understanding why she was so angry.
"mom I don't understand. what's wrong?" you spoke taking one step closer to her.
"y/n, I told you to leave this house. your a disappointment!"
her breath smelled of alcohol and her eyes glossy.

this has become a regular Saturday night.
drinking, screaming, crying.
ever since your dad divorced your mom 4 months ago she's been this ball of negative energy.
she takes things out on you since your the only other person in the house.
she drowns her sorrows with drugs and alcohol, leaving you to take care of her.

"mom you gotta move on! I hate seeing you like this!" you yelled throwing your hands in the air.
"blah blah blah. you don't care. you only care about stupid bands and finding someone who will truly love you. but no one will ever love you. hell, I don't even love you!" your mom said turning her back to you to go to her room.
"you know what mom, fuck you!" you ran out of the kitchen, trying to find your room through the tears brimming your eyes.
half of you knew it was just the alcohol talking but the other wasn't so sure.

you threw on a pair of dirty shoes and grabbed your skateboard.
now running to the front door with tears cascading down your cheeks.
you opened the door with one hand since the other was occupied with a skateboard.
you slammed the door, threw your skateboard to the ground, hopped on it and rode under the dull streetlights to your safe place, a run down high school.

the cool wind slapped your skin with every push of your skateboard.
the wind brushing your tears off your face and onto the newly paved road.
the run down high school was coming closer with every roll of the wheels.
staring at the high school you mumbled, "and this is what they use my mom's taxes for?"

you skated up to a huge sign with the schools name on it but you could never make out the name since it had graffiti and letters torn off of it.
you sighed for the millionth time today and kept on riding to try to get to the amphitheater where you always stayed.
when you got there you plopped down on the grass.
you laid down, took your board and put it across your stomach, holding it tightly.
looking at the stars you wished someone out there would help mend your family.
you couldn't stop thinking, tears started to form again.
you sat up rubbing your eyes trying to get all the tears out.
"God damn it", escaped your mouth still rubbing your eyes.
you stopped because you heard a shuffle next to you.
immediately you dropped your hands and look to your right.

it was a boy.
a boy with beautiful brown eyes.
they were like hot chocolate, which is your favorite drink during times like this.
and his hair was in a quiff.
the color was a pretty brown to match his eyes.
you sat there mouth gaping, scared and in awe.
"so...you got the midnight blues?" the boy said quietly.
you chuckled, "y-yeah I guess I do."
"I'm sorry you feel sad. I do too, I guess we can be sad together." a small laugh escaped his pink, chapped lips.

"I'm tyler. sorry if I frightened you." he said right after, looking into your eyes.
that one small gesture hit your heart and made it mushy.
"I'm y/n. it's fine, don't worry about it."

you guys talked for awhile.
you told each other why you guys were sad and then found yourself laying down on the grass looking at the stars.

"look, that star is so bright and beautiful. I wish I lived in the sky." you whispered to tyler.
"you look so beautiful right now." he said even quieter.
you turned your head to find him staring at you.
he slowly moved his hand to yours interlocking them together.
"y/n you remind me of the stars. bright, beautiful and mysterious things. I'd do anything to live in the sky with you."
you smiled and held his hand tighter.

about 30 minutes passed and tyler unlocked his hand from yours and got up.
grabbing his skateboard and backpack.
you started to sit up.
Tyler said,"I'm sorry y/n but I have to go it's really late. can you come back next Saturday?"
you nodded staring into his infinite brown eyes.
then he took out his notebook scribbled something on a page, tore it out and handed it to you.
you look at it then realized it was Tyler's number.
you smiled.

Tyler bend down in front of you.
eyes locked and lips aligned.
"don't ever be sad, darling. your body is a galaxy of emotion and inside are millions of bright stars telling you to keep going. your a beautiful constellation and I never want to see you shine dull. please stay alive."

and with that, he kissed your forehead and rode away on the cracked pavement.
you smiled and took in a deep breath.
with those small words giving you hope to stay you thought, "the sky will just have to wait for me then."
you got up and rode all the way home smiling.

a/n
heyyyyyyy I missed you all!
I feel like my imagines are getting shitty but I hope some of you like them. okay well I got 5k and that's fucking nuts!!!!! also I'm number one in 'twenty one pilots imagines' so OH MY GOD THANK YOU I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! you're amazing, stay alive.