poetry night // tyler joseph

it was around 5pm and you were bouncing nervously in your seat with your notebook in your lap. you were at JohnnyCake Cafe, a small coffee shop on the west side of town, and tonight was poetry night. you have no idea what made you drive your ass down here and speak in front of a fairly large crowd. honestly, you thought these things were kinda depressing, people talking about them wanting to die or how they lost their true love. you just couldn't relate, well maybe you could about the dying part. but all jokes aside you felt like you were about to be sick. as the thought of people watching you from a spitting distance washed over you, in panic you tapped the shoulder of the person next to you. it was a boy about your age, 17 or 18, and he was cute and it was making you even more nervous. "uh...um...uh hi! have you been here before? is it always this packed?", you said kinda fast. he chuckled, "nervous, huh? i was like that too. this crowd is always friendly". his voice was so pretty that it put you at ease. "woo", you pretended to wipe the sweat off your forehead, "i was really about to shit myself". the boy just chuckled turned to face the dimly lit stage.

a couple minutes past and a lanky, hippie looking dude walks out onto the stage that has a hand painted banner above him reading "POETRY NIGHT @ 5". the hippie tapped the mic a couple times and then spoke, "hey everyone I'm Matt and welcome to JohnnyCake's poetry reading! alright dudes, these are the rules after a reading is over if you liked it you snap instead of clap. and if you didn't like it...snap anyway." Matt then said a contestants name and walked off the stage into the wings. when a younger girl with half dark brown and half blonde colored hair stepped on stage the boy turned to you and said," this girl is super cool. all of her writing topics are children themed. like teddy bears and pacifiers and stuff." as he spoke he used his hands in a cute way and his toothy smile was ear to ear. "huh, i can't wait to hear her.", you turned your head back to the stage, "i don't think i got your name?". "tyler, tyler is my name. and your's?", he said extending his arm out to give it a shake. you put your hand in his, " I'm y/n". "nice to meet you, y/n. wow, you sure are nervous, huh?", he said with that big goofy smile. "why do you say that?", you say still holding his hand. "because they sure are clammy." you pull your hand away and wiped it on your shirt and put it back in his hand. "better, tyler?"

after three or four acts and lots of snaps, tyler's name was called he said bye to you and went up on the stage. on the bright stage he looked even more attractive. you could now see that his hair and his eyes were the same beautiful brown. his cute, quiet voice sounded around the room, "hi, I'm tyler and this piece is called "Forest"." he looked for you in the crowd, winked at you, and then started. it was calm and sing-song like. after it was over loud snaps and hoots echoed through the rather big cafe. he was good, real good. you thought about listening to his voice on repeat because it was so calming...and adorable. when tyler got back he folded up the paper and jammed it into his jean pocket and sat down. "wow. I'm speechless. you were amazing!", you said resting your hand on his. he blushed, "thank you, darling." now it was your turn to blush.

almost right after tyler called you darling, you were called up to the stage. you took a deep breath. tyler noticed you looked nervous and picked your hand up and kissed it. "everything is gonna go great. you'll be great, y/n". and all of a sudden all your nervousness went away. you grunted in determination, stood up with your notebook in hand and headed for the stage. you introduced yourself and the piece you were sharing, looked at tyler who was smiling, and started. afterward you let your eyes glide over the hooting, hollering, and snapping crowd. you couldn't believe they liked it. looking back over at tyler he mouthed "you  did it" with a thumbs up.

as you were walking off stage, Matt took center stage and told everyone show was over and said his thank you's. as you walked out the door behind a couple people you decided to wait for tyler in the front. after a little bit of waiting the cafe was almost cleared out. you were facing to the once again busy street."i know you could do it, y/n.", said a voice from behind you. it was tyler. you turned, "not without you there to calm me down." he pulled you into his side. "are you calm now?", he said brushing hair out your eyes. you hummed. tyler than gave you a sweet peck on the lips and a ripped off piece of paper from his poetry piece with his number on it. and when you looked back up he was already around the corner.

A/N

this ones a weird one. i hope you like it!!! next imagine is josh. guys, don't forget you can give me requests!!!!!!! ALSO IF YOU OR A FRIEND LIKES THE OUTSIDERS I HAVE A NEW IMAGINES BOOK UP ABOUT THEM, SO TELL YOUR FRIENDS N SHIT!!!! i love you all.