taco bell boy // tyler joseph

it was 12:30pm on a friday and you know what that means, taco bell night. you lazily pulled on your shoes, grabbed your keys and wallet, and headed for your car which was parked in the driveway. this was the normal friday night routine, spending all of your money on a unhealthy amount of tacos. hopping into the car's driver seat, you pulled out your wallet hoping, more like praying, to find a fiver to satisfy your fast food cravings. "i guess i can pay rent next month", you said pulling out a 10 spot. putting your wallet aside, you turned on the radio flipping to your favorite station, classic rock. you turned the volume knob to 10, rolled your windows down, and backed out.

it was a busy night tonight. the drive through was packed with hungry families, broke college kids, and the heavy set guy you see from time to time. you thought that maybe you guys should become friends because you both  love the 500+ calorie burritos they serve and looked lonely. 15 minutes passed and there was barely any movement. you could see an angry mom yelling at a male employee and pointing to the receipt. her yelling came through the rolled down windows very faintly because of how far back you were. the boy looked so furstrated and also very familiar. you sighed and kept staring at the big, dramatic scene in front of you.

at least 10 more minutes went by and you were up at the window. looking down at you money you recited your order like you were auditioning for a commercial. a "is that all" sounded from your left. you looked up to meet a pair of shimmery, brown eyes that were planted on a face so soft and angel like. "umhm", is all that escaped from your clenched jaw. he smiled a familiar smile and ran off to grab your food. a couple minutes later he was back. you looked down at his name tag and it read Tyler. "tyler, it suits him", you thought. he handed you your bag and said, "have a great night". you retorted with "you too", and sped off to the dim intersection.

after driving over the speed limit to make sure your food doesn't get cold, you opened the door to your house and flopped on the couch in the living room. digging through your bag of food, you found a note written on the back of your receipt. it read, "hi, I'm tyler and i work nights at the window. we see each other every friday! well, more like i see you". you were frozen. "how could i have never seen a boy as pretty as him? i guess I'm just always exhausted or something", you said putting the note on the coffee table in front of you. you ate your tacos and thought about what you were going to say to this taco bell boy next friday.

the next friday night rolled up so quick you couldn't even say dorito locos taco supreme with no tomatoes. before leaving the house, you wrote on a bright, blue post-it note. it read, "hi I'm y/n and i eat at Taco Bell more than i should. p.s. don't worry i see you too". once again you were up at the window. he asked the same sentence, you said the same order. after the deja vu infused conversation, he said how much the bill was and you slipped him the money with the note stuck on top . as he read it, he grinned. his imperfect, but perfect teeth to you, twinkled in the mellow, yellow lighting. then, he gave you your change back and went out of sight to grab your food. a few minutes he was back, still grinning, handing you the bag he said "goodnight" with a wink. after setting the bag of calories on the seat on your right, you saw a slightly bigger, yellow post-it hanging onto your bag. "you looked so beautiful in the drive through lights tonight. wow, that wasn't cute at all. anyway, i'll see you next friday y/n".

the notes went on for weeks, a month at least. you thought you guys actually had a little something, even though it sounds insane. "hey, mom and dad, i fell in love with this boy in a taco bell drive through communicating only through notes". see, sounds crazy.

the notes were mostly you both trying to be cute or to try to make each other laugh. notes from you to tyler were like, "i wonder what you look like without your taco bell hat and polo shirt?", "you gotta tell me how you guys make your 3-layer nachos!", "i missed your cute face, taco bell boy". and notes from tyler to you were like, "you gotta stop eating this junk. have you seen what we put in this stuff?", "a week is too long, come back everyday", "honestly, I'm just amazed you haven't had a heart attack yet". one night tyler gave you a note that was different from all the others. "at 2:00am i get off work. here is my number", 10 numbers were messily scrawled across the yellow paper, "meet me at Cherry Park on Dallas Street. oh, and i'll pick you up at 2:30am". you waved him goodbye and drove home fast so you could hurry up and eat and get ready.

2:30am came so fast. you were dressed in a tie dye shirt, black jeans, and checkered vans sitting on a cold bench at Cherry Park. less than a minute past and tyler strolled up in front of you. he looked so cute. "okay y/n, this is how i look without my uniform on", he slowly twirled around in a circle, his quaffed, brown hair shaking from the movement, to show his whole outfit. which was black jeans, a colorful windbreaker, and black vans. "beautiful", is what you said. "hey, that's what i should be saying to you y/n!", he said sitting down next to you taking your hand in his, "just beautiful". you both leaned in to kiss. your cold lips from the autumn air hit his. and when you pulled apart tyler said, "I'm surprised you don't smell like tacos and burritos". you socked his arm, "shut up taco bell boy!". both of you laughed until all you can see in front of you was your white breath from the cold.

A/N

yo this was like a couple days late and i apologize, but ya'll voted i should do this imagine. so here ya go, i hope you like it! also, i start freshman year on monday and so nervous!!!!! anyway, love you all! feel free to vote, comment,follow, add this book to your reading list, and check out my other books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!