waterfalls // josh dun

a/n-
Yosemite is a national park an hour from where I live and it's beautiful. it's got waterfalls, huge trees, and cliffs. this is just in case you weren't sure what it is.

"babe, babe wake up. look, we're here!!!!" Josh said pointing one hand at the sign that said 'Welcome to Yosemite' with the other on the wheel.

"thats awesome, i can't wait to explore." you said groggily.

you have no idea why you guys decided this is where you wanted to go for your trip but you were excited and so was Josh.

"what do you wanna do first y/n?"

"um... oooo, can we hike up to a waterfall?" you said with wide eyes.

"of course we can! that sounds like fun. there is one close by, want to go?"

you nodded and put your head down again to try to sleep a little more.

------

"hey wake up we are at the waterfall." Josh said softly, close to your ear.

your eyes shot open. you threw the blanket that covered you at Josh, grabbed your backpack, opened the door and slammed it shut, and turned your back to the car to look at the scenery.

you heard josh's car door shut and heard him chuckling.

you turned around and scrunched up your nose. "I just really like waterfalls okay!" you pouted.

"I know you do but I think you like me more."

"I beg to differ." you both giggled and started running toward the trail to get to the fall.

when you got to the trail there was a sign that said 'Bridal Veil Falls'.

"oooo pretty name. let's goooo!" you said running up the rugged trail.

Josh sighed because he was tired from driving but started to run to catch up.

Josh found you staring at the waterfall. he came up behind you and planted a kiss on your cheek.

"d-do we have to climb these rocks to g-get to the pool from the fall?" you asked out of breath.

"duh! come on!" Josh said starting to climb up the smooth, slippery rocks.

Josh was way ahead of you. you had climbed at least 7 rocks before-

"whoa! ow..."

"j-Josh, oh my god! what happened!? are you okay!?!?" you said panicking.

"I'm alright. I just slipped on this stupid rock." he kicked the big boulder still sitting. I'm not sure why he kicked it cause is wasn't going to go anywhere.

"hey do you have bandaids babe?" he said while looking at his bloody knee.

you shivered at the sight of the blood. "ye-yeah, I do." you said still looking at the blood. you finally pulled out a big bandaid. he put it on and hopped up.

"I'm alright baby. just a little scrape." he said and kissed your forehead.

you looked up at Josh and smiled. "I say we should continue. can you make it?"

"yeah I can." he started to climb a little ahead.

"Josh please be careful."

"I will y/n, don't worry."

------

"look at this! it's beautiful, Joshie." you said looking at the little fall trickling into the big pool of mountain water.

"not as beautiful as you." Josh said with a grin.

"your so cheesy but it's so cute!"

Josh smiled.

"y/n look, we can go behind the waterfall!" Josh said wide eyed.

"I've always wanted to do that." you started walking across the boulders in the water. Josh followed behind.

you both were in the middle of the fall looking through the back. Josh turned to look at you. you finally noticed.

"is there something on my face?" you asked.

"n-no it's just, your so beautiful y/n..."
Josh said still staring.
you blushed.
you both turned back around to look through the fall.

"hey y/n..." Josh said and turned to me again.

"yeah Josh?"

"I love you..."

"I-I love you too."

you have been together for almost a year and this was the first time either one of you had told one another you loved each other.

Josh leaned.
You leaned in.
your lips met.
his hands on your cheeks.
one of your hands in his hair and the other on his neck.
after you broke the kiss we decided to go back to the car.

"I guess I can cross off 'kiss behind a waterfall' off my bucket list." you mumbled.

--------------
:)