spring fling // josh dun

you and your best friend josh were sitting at the bottom of a hill close to your house. after awhile of talking you started humming a tune while josh started to pluck out pieces of grass.

you got shaken out of your thoughts when Josh hopped up, grabbed your hand, and pulled you on your feet. you shot him a confused look. he replied with "let's go". he held onto your hand for dear life and started running up the hill.

your bare footed feet thundered across the cold green grass. the sweet scent of honey suckle danced around your nose. the soft sounds of giggles and small pants coming from the both of you. josh turned around and flashed a pearly white smile, you smiled back.

josh finally stopped when he got to the top of the hill. he let go of your warm hand and turned to look at you. "what are we doing here? I thought the bottom was just fine?", you said breathing heavily. "but look at this sunset y/n! you can't see it from down there!", josh replied with enthusiasm.

you looked out to the horizon and saw blue-ish and yellow-ish clouds swarming together. josh stepped a little bit in front of you still facing the sunset. "isn't this absolutely beautiful?", he said still staring at the beautiful painting like sight in front of him. his pretty faded blue hair was blowing slightly in the wind just like it would in a movie.

"y/n?", he said snapping you back to reality. "what are you doing still standing there? come here.", he pulled you up and into his side. you've never done anything like this with josh even though you had a major crush on him, you were afraid you would ruin your guy's friendship.

"hey y/n", josh said still holding you. you hummed an uh huh back. "i think...I like you.", josh said now looking down at you. you looked up and smiled. "well not as much as this sunset but-", josh said pointing at the sky. you took one of your fists and socked him in his shoulder. "I like you too Josh", you said finally letting go of Josh's torso.

the sun was almost all the way set when you said, "wanna race back to the bottom?". "psh you bet", josh retorted running back down the hill's decline. you thought to yourself while looking at the only first star in the sky, "I guess this is the start of our spring fling".

A/N
hey brothers I'm back! sorry I left you guys hanging for so long, I've had such a busy and fun year so far. I shall be writing more often again! I love and miss you all!