Chapter 15: Moving Forward

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, for the days we shoot and there's Dream activities, I'll have Meirin to take your place. So, um, just prepare yourself for when we start shooting."

The composer hummed in response, very content with the upcoming events. "And oh? I heard from Minah that 127 will be coming back in around January. Are the other composers deciding which of the songs I made to be their title?"

"Yeah, sounds about right. They'll probably figure one out to give to them in a week or so. But not until we figure out choreography for it," Seokju answered.

Jiwoo could only nod in reply. As much as she was worried about the boys' mental and physical health, it was part of the tough life of being an idol. Always working, always one step ahead for the fans. So tiring. She guessed that was one benefit of not debuting herself...

"I also heard Taeyong and Mark are going to be helping again with lyrics for some of the songs on the next album."

"That's correct. They discussed with me about how they want to participate as much as they could. It'd be good experience for them to do so, and the fans will surely like it."

A solemn expression crossed Jiwoo's face as an idea popped in her mind. It wasn't really a new idea, it was reoccurring, even more so nowadays. "I want to directly work with them one day."

"What?" The comment caught Seokju by surprise. "You already work with--"

"I meant like making music together, oppa. Wouldn't it be easier for all of us if I could discuss my songs with the singers themselves?" Jiwoo uttered with knitted brows. Her gaze lowered just as Seokju stared at her more intensely. "I know before I've said that this was something I refuse to do but... I think that I'm getting more used to things."

Seokju reached over and placed a hand on his cousin's shoulder, his eyes boring onto her. "Are you not superstitious anymore? What is this change?"

"I-I mean, it's just that... I don't know? I feel like I don't need to depend on all of that anymore..." The girl wasn't even sure anymore. Ever since meeting NCT, there had been a lack of rituals and frantic thoughts about bad luck. Surely, this was her way of moving on in her mind. Showing that she didn't care about it all as she used to. It was a weird transition. She'll surely want to try to see the Shaman maybe... on last time. "I'm still pretty superstitious but I just want to really work with the boys. I think it's important if the artist to agree with what they're singing and so..."

"You want to reveal that you're their composer?" Seokju deadpanned, straight to the point. "Once that happens, you don't know how much that can spread. As happy as I am to the possibility to you getting the recognition you deserve, nearly everyone knows NCT's main composer as a man named Woo SJ. It'd be quite the topic here at SM, it might even leak to the media."

"No one really knows Woo SJ is a man, they only assume that," Jiwoo scoffed. "Plus, it's not a scandal to go by a different name, unless you want every idol and actor with a stage name in the music industry to be condemned or something."

"I guess... you're right. But we'll have to discuss this more later, okay? So we can have the opportunity for you to work with the boys." Jiwoo nodded in agreement to this. "Alright, good. I'll go ahead back to work, then. Don't overwork yourself, sweetheart."

"Of course, oppa."

In a matter of days, the first shooting for NCT Life had come. The SM crew, as well as the older NCT boys participating, arrived to Korea House, a traditional establishment made for foreign tourists to visit and experience the Korean culture. However today, it'll be used for the boys to learn more about Korean food... and for Jiwoo to take notes for her own benefit.