Chapter 15: Moving Forward

Começar do início

Too bad it was lowkey driving her crazy. Urges of wanting to hold his hand and give him kisses growing by the day.

But she will contain it. She'll have to if she doesn't want complications to arise for the group she had been working so diligently for.

Another thing?

Oh Songyi's letter had not been opened the entire time.

It was frightening. Whenever she was tempted to open and read the envelope's contents, she would convince herself that it was not the time. That if she opened the letter, she would become too distracted, far too up in the clouds to focus on her work for Dream. She put it off, promising herself that once things cooled with Chewing Gum promotions, she'd read it.

... Which was exactly now. Even with interviews and events to attend, there wasn't anything that Jiwoo had to do. She should be able to read that letter from Songyi without it affecting her work. She even begun bringing the closed letter with her in her shoulder bag when attending NCT's activities, just so she can have the opportunity to read whenever.

She doesn't know.

Was it okay to prolong it a little bit longer?

"So, Jiwoo, we have a new thing coming up." It was a free day off for Jiwoo, so she decided to stay in her studio of the seventh floor, editing and playing around with already-made songs. Her very busy cousin had visited her with news to share.

The brunette lass peered up to him after setting aside her acoustic guitar so to listen to him. She motioned for him to continue. "In a couple days, we're going to be filming another season of NCT Life." Jiwoo's eyes narrowed at the sound of this, which surprised Seokju. He have thought that she would be more excited about it. "And, um, after discussing with Sooman-sshi about it, he allowed me to take you with us during the days we film it."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Seokju raised a brow at his baby cousin. "That's it? Aren't you happy to be doing it?"

"Oh trust me, I am. But don't you remember what's coming out in a few days?" Jiwoo stared intently up at him. Seokju's blank face then shifted, once realizing what she must be talking about and he let out a sigh. The uncontrollable smile tugged at her lips, her feet stomping at the ground with utter joy. "SHINee's back!"

"Yah, Jiwoo. You're working even harder now, let's not have you completely be shut into your room for three days while blasting their songs on repeat," Seokju nagged, solemnly remembering back to last year's comeback.

The girl sat up, her eyes seemingly twinkling."But, here's the thing. I haven't participated at all for the 1 of 1 album. Everything will be new to my ears and just the fact that it's not something I created and it's just experiencing their beautiful voices and dancing like the first time is what's exciting!" She clapped her hands together, a long breath escaping her lips. "My oppas will be back and with a retro vibe! I'm going to love it!"

"You love everything they come out with." A roll of the eyes. "If they made a song about jangjjangmeon, you'd be singing about it for weeks."

Jiwoo shrugged in defeat. Her dear cousin knew her all too well. "You got me."

"But anyway, would you be able to focus on shooting season 4?" Seokju asked her.

"Yeah, don't you worry. I'll be able to concentrate. Who's participating in this season? Surely not Dream since they're so busy?"

"It'll consist of the older kids, including Doyoung and Ten."

Jiwoo grinned wider. "Oh, cool, I haven't seen them in a while. Ten promised me last time to show me one of his original dances for when he was on Hit the Stage." This NCT Life would even give her some time to be with Jaehyun without any worries of other conflicting schedules. Her stomach erupted with butterflies at the very thought.