A New Day

The next day, Booker was riding his horse to the meeting place, that the director wanted to meet him at. Booker stopped his horse, and climbed down off of it. Booker pulled down the face mask, and hood, and walked inside. Booker walked through the halls, and the military personnel just looked at him, staring him down. "Hey look, it's that Ace guy. What's he here to do, kill his way through?" A secretary worker said, chuckling to his friends. Booker just looked at him, and continued walking. Booker reached the board room, where the government officials were meeting. Booker sat down, and they all looked at him. The director stood up. "Well, here's our new addition, Ace, Booker, whatever he calls himself now. He helped me out, and I don't need him anymore. Ace, you are free to go, no strings attached. We have claimed your bounty, and here's you cut of the deal." The director said, handing Booker an envelope. Booker nodded and left the room, as the director shooed him away. Ace left the building and was putting a few items into his horse's travel pack, when a man walked up to Ace. The man had a strange expression on his face, angry, and empty. The man grabbed Ace and pushed him into a wall. Ace pulled out a dagger and stabbed the man three times in the stomach, and once in the neck. The man fell to the ground, and Ace jumped onto his horse, and rode off back home.

The next day, Ace went out to the Atherial camp, just within the forest's threshold, and the Knights were readying their weapons and ammo. "What's the new information?" Ace said. "Keep on the lookout, they are going to be coming from somewhere, we aren't sure though." The Atherial Knight said. Ace returned home, and boarded up all of the windows, and blocked up the several doors. A few hours passed, up to where it's just before sunset. Ace was sitting on the sofa, talking to Nadellia. "Nadellia, it seems as though my assumptions were true. If you don't hear from me in a few hours, break the news to the kids." Ace said. "A-Alright, goodbye, Booker." Nadellia began sobbing mid-sentence. Ace hung up the phone, and walked outside, where he heard several horses, and helicopters coming from the distance. "This is it." Ace said. "The lone wolf, walks the path to enlightenment." Ace said, as he readied several explosive arrows in his arrow quiver, mounted the crossbow to his arm guard, and loaded a mag into his pistol. Once the military got close, Ace fired off several explosive arrows, bringing down many helicopters, and Ace used normal arrows to take out the horsemen. Ace trained  the military to him, and dragged them to the forest. Ace set up traps in and around the forests. Once the group traveled through the forest,  they were caught by the traps, and Ace quickly disposed of them, as another group walked in on him. Ace used is crossbow to take out the riflemen, and Ace ran into the group, and killed three guys with his sword. Ace turned around and threw his dagger into the chest of a soldier. Ace collected his arrows and his dagger, and the Atherial Knights joined Ace in the fight. Ace ran through the forest, as the Atherials were fending off the military. Ace headed back home, and waited outside on the porch, rifle in hand, and was ready to ambush them. Once they came into view, Ace took out as many as he could, before the rifle ran out of ammo. Ace fought and fought until, he was in the clear. Ace walked into his house and, began writing a short note, and hid it in a cupboard, and left an indicator to it. Once Ace finished the note, he heard several rifles clanking the rounds into the chamber. Ace peeked through the peep-hole, and saw how many there were. Ace let out a small prayer, and took a deep breath. Ace opened the door and stood there. The soldiers, trained their focus on him, and Ace looked at all of them. Ace slowed his perception of time, and quickly pulled out his pistol, and killed several soldiers, and took a few more out with his automatic crossbow mount, and Ace ran out of ammo. There were a whole bunch of soldiers, out manning Ace. Within the pack, the director stood there, and held a pistol in his hand.

 "You're out of ammo, Ace. Can't wait to bring down the Ace. My most treasured periment, a killing-machine that I've created." The director said, as Ace slowly dropped his weapons. "Fire!" The director yelled, and at once, every soldier, present at the moment, unloaded all of their rounds into Ace's body. Ace twitched and groaned, with each bullet that pierced his flesh. Once all of the soldiers ran out of ammo, Ace stood there looking at everyone, as blood ran out of his wounds, creating a pool of blood on the floor. Ace's breathing slowed down, as he fell to his knees, and fell onto his back. Ace's vision slowly faded, and Ace died there, on his porch, with his signature weapons. The soldiers got back on their horses, and rode off into the sunset.

Nadellia heard all of the gunshots, for she was heading back to check on Ace. Daniel heard the gunshots too, and had a scared expression on his face. Grace shrieked, and hugged Nadellia. "Oh shit, oh shit, they shot dad. They shot dad." Grace whispered to Nadellia. "Daniel sprinted through the forest, and came across the house. Daniel went up to Ace's corpse, and felt Ace face, and began to cry. "Father, I'm sorry this had to happen. I will find the man who did this to you, and I will make him pay with blood." Daniel said. Nadellia and Grace came upon Daniel, sitting next to Booker, holding his hand, and humming a tune. "Dan, it's probably best that we bury him now. Trust me." Nadellia said. "I understand, mother." Daniel said. Nadellia picked up Booker's body, and dressed him in his finest suit, and Grace and Daniel dug a grave. Daniel slowly laid Booker's body to rest in the grave. Grace covered Booker's body with the soil, and Daniel chopped up wood into planks, and carved the amulet of light, and pressed it into the soil on top of Booker's grave. Before Nadellia had Daniel put Booker into the grave, she slipped a flask of a particular essence into Booker's pocket.

After Ace's body had been buried, Daniel was very angry all of the time. Two years after Ace's death,  Daniel was now 18 years old. Daniel had trained with the Atherial forces for  a while, learning to sword fight, knife fight, and trained in several martial arts. Daniel's archery skills improved greatly, and he was a decent shot with a gun. Daniel had fought against several groups of rebels, and done things that would make Ace proud. Daniel soon returned to his father's grave, bearing the nickname "Gunslinger". Daniel knelt down and took off his hat, and pressed it to his chest. "That man, he will pay for what he has done to you."

Daniel hopped onto his horse, and rode across town to speak with Andrew and Dianna. Once arriving at George's house, Daniel saw them mounting their horses. "What's going on here? Where's George?" Daniel said. "Ulgore imprisoned him, and Abigail is nowhere to be seen." Andrew said. "Well, I will help you find your parents, and you will help me with finding the man who killed my father." Daniel said. "Welcome to the crew, gunslinger." Andrew said, shaking Daniel's hand.