A Knight's Honor

Ace went and took down all enemy towers, weakening the Azrathian hold on the city. Ace was bruised and cut, and the final tower was an eternity because of how big the city is. Ace sat next to the control levers, staring out of the window, breathing heavily. "Damn, I didn't sign up to be someone's dog. Hopefully I don't have to play fetch anymore." Ace said in between breaths. A sudden distress signal sounded through Ace's earpiece. "Mayday, mayday! Anybody reading this channel? I have -static- on board, wounded, and we're -static- down. Respond if you get this. We'll be crashing into the city's center, on -static- defending out crash site." Yelled the distressed pilot. "Well, here I am. Now, where were you heading?" Ace responded over the comm line, as he headed to the city's center.

On the way to Starcross Center, Ace saw a flaming vertigo falling out of the sky, Azrathian planes flying after it, dropping off ground units. Ace saw that the vertigo had the Special Forces Union symbol on the side, a tiger face with guns behind it. It crashed a few blocks over, and Ace headed towards the crash site. Nothing, but the sound of gunfire sounded throughout the city, attracting more and more Azrathian soldiers to the crash site. What confused Ace, was that the Azrathian troops completely ignored Ace, and went straight for the crashed survivors. Ace took this opportunity to take out as many as he could, providing cover for the ship's crew to gather their supplies and take shelter inside of the city. Ace climbed back down from  the roof, that he was on, and sliced his way through the stampeding Azrathian forces. Ace ran out of arrows for his bow, and a survivor tossed an extra rifle to Ace. Wave after wave, the Azrathians persisted, until the crew were given time to gather what they needed  from the helicopter and get out of that area. As they ran through the empty streets, the Azrathians blocked  them from the front and rear. "Hand over the amulets!" Yelled and Azrathian honor guard. The ship's crew men were terrified, but Ace was heavily focused on what may happen next. A huge portal opened up in the sky, and a fleet of marine gunships came thundering over the city. Big metal ships, thundering down upon the Azrathian forces with extreme power, mowing everything down. A drop pod flew down, and Knight was inside. Together, Ace and Knight gunned down the remaining Azrathian soldier that were remaining. Ace went back and collected his arrows, placing them back into his quiver, before returning to Knight. A gunship lowered out of the sky, collecting the crew men, and the captain of the ship looked upon Ace and Knight. "Come on, this city is doomed, we best get to New Marianne, and hold off there." Said the captain. "No sir, these hell fighters are after me George and his friends. I'm afraid that if we head to New Marianne, they will follow, reenacting what has happened here." Ace said. "Very well, but I came to tell you some news, your wife has been kidnapped by those things." the captain said. "They have her on that ship." The captain said, pointing to the huge airship in the air. "Get me there. Now!" Ace demanded. The captain lead the two into the ship, and commanded the fleet to head to the giant airship. Ace looked out of the sliding, bulletproof window to see George flying beside them, holding Abigail in his arms. George winked before boarding the ship.

George and Abigail entered Ace and Knight's quarters. "So I heard all those gunshots being fired." George said, "Yeah, but what made you want to come with me to help me and my wife?" Ace said. "Know what it was like to have and important someone be taken from you." George said, glancing at Abigail, who was talking to Knight. "I think they're doing something." George said. "The Azrathians? They've always been doing stuff, that's all they ever do." Ace said, but George seemed worried. "No, it's worse, I've seen them fill parts of the city with a sickly green gas." George said, "I saw a dead Azrathian fighter and a human marine get up and walk around. They had gray skin and glowing yellow eyes. They walked normally, and the Azrathians began giving them swords, and they did every command that they were asked." George said. "So, you're saying that their are making the dead come back to life?" Ace said. "As if war couldn't get anymore surprises." Ace said. The gunship fleet had reached the Azrathian airship. Bullets began to fly past, and a ship behind them get blasted out of the sky, and a cannon ripped a hole into the wall of the quarters. Ace's sword was sliding towards the open hole in the wall. Ace grabbed his sword, before a bullet weakened the floor beneath him, causing Ace to fall out, onto the Azrathian ship. Knight jumped down next to Ace, and they both held their swords in their hands. George fired a lightning bolt into the airship, ripping open a hole before flying in, Abigail trailing behind. A group of seven swordsmen walked out to where Ace and Knight were. Ace ran forwards, stabbing a swordsman in the next, and Knight jumped over Ace, decapitating another swordsman. Ace and Knight matched speeds, before cutting into two swordsmen, and Ace got rid of the last three as Knight dealt with the four archers. 

Ace and Knight infiltrated into the airship and saw a bunch of dead Azrathians on the floor. "That's where they went, let's go the other way!" Ace yelled to Knight. As they were about to leave, a green gas went through the halls, and the dead soldiers slowly got up, and growled at Ace and Knight. The zombie-like creatures ran at Ace, Ace kicked it in the face, causing it to hit it's head against the wall. The reanimated corpse's eyes lost it's glow. Knight decapitated two, and stabbed one in the chest, but the stab to the chest didn't affect it at all. Knight pulled out his sword, and the creature strung together several punches and kicks to Knight, knocking him to the floor. Ace had his sword kicked out of his hand, and Ace spun around, and punched it in the center of it's face, and the eyes lost it's glow. Ace grabbed his sword, and Ace and Knight got ready to head deeper into the airship's dark halls.