Life, Given a Second Chance

A few years passed after the war between Azrathia and the forces of light. Ace has put his old armor and weapons in a glass cabinet, stored away, and is now working on the land, supplying food for his family. Ace was running through the forest, jumping from tree to tree, and expertly taking out animals within the forest. Ace returned home with several dead animals, and Nadellia is turning them into a specialty meal for dinner. Ace hopped onto his horse and rode to New Alexandria. The skyscrapers had been rebuilt, going high into the sky, bustling with cars, trucks, and other horse riders. Ace stopped at a store and was looking for something to buy for Nadellia and his marriage anniversary. "May 6th, 2911. 18 years after we've been married." Booker thought to himself, as he smiled. "Thinking of something interesting, Booker?" Said the director, who was standing behind Booker. Booker gasped and quickly turned around, pulling a pistol to the director's head. "What are you doing here? Leave my family alone." Booker said, keeping the director in his sights. "Gotta keep tabs on you. We will speak later two days from now, meet me in the New Alexandrian military facility." The director said as he slowly backed away and left the store. Booker looked around and put his gun away, tucking it into his holster. Ace bought his items, and left the store, hopping onto his horse and riding back home. 

Booker returned home, hiding the bundle of flowers and chocolates inside a plastic bag, and hid the bag inside an unused cabinet. Later that night, Booker and Nadellia were eating dinner together, and they were cuddling each other on the sofa. "Check the cabinets, you may find a gift for you. Nadellia got up and checked the cabinets, and found the plastic bag. Nadellia pulled out the flowers and sniffed them. Booker joined her, "Like the flowers." Booker said. "I loved them, and I love you, Booker." Nadellia said. Booker and Nadellia went out, and went to some local shops, and they spent their evening going out and having fun. 

The next morning, Booker woke up and went outside into the forest, to hunt for food. Booker did his usual hunting routine, when he came across a campsite, where a few Atherial Knights were hanging around. "Ace, great to see you." A knight said. "What's going on, why are you here?" Booker asked. "The elder gods foretold that those government men are planning something terrible, and we were sent to inform you about it, make sure you are alert at all times." The Knight said. Ace nodded and headed back home. Nadellia noticed that he came back with less food. "What happened? Not enough animals?" Nadellia said, expressing concern. "Nadellia, I want you and the kids to hide off somewhere. Live in a hotel in the city, and pay with ritures, and nothing else. I don't want them tracking you down." Booker said, "What's going on?" Nadellia said. "I have been informed that those government men are planning something bad, and I don't want you all to be involved." Booker said. Nadellia nodded in agreement, and went to the kid's bedroom and woke them up. Within a few hours, they were getting ready, and packed food to eat. Booker watched them as they all rode off into the distance. Ace turned around an went back inside. "If they try anything, they are going to face my wrath. But if they manage to kill me, hopefully my death won't be futile." Booker said. Booker went to the basement of his house, and pulled out his old fighting uniform, and put it on, and strapped the armor plates onto his shoulders. "Hopefully this will come in handy." Ace said, holding a new sword, and looking at a tiny crossbow that can mount to his forearm guard.