The Hunted

Ace darted out of the temple, taking a portal to Earth, to save his children and his friend, Knight. Once at Earth, Ace hopped onto his horse and rode off into New Alexandria. Many Azrathian and Azathorian refugees were being brought in and given homes, while the city was rebuilding. People were returning back to their homes from New Marianne, and the military were rounding up a few zombies in the surrounding area, and giving them an antidote to turn them back to their original forms. Once Ace reached the building, where his kids were meant to be tied up in, Ace went inside, but no one was there, and Ace's kids weren't there. "Son of a..." Ace's voice trailed off in the dead silence, as he looked around aimlessly. The sound of cloth rubbing together startled Ace, and he fired an arrow in that direction. The same sound was behind him, and it seemed like he was in a trap. Ace concentrated his surroundings, he took a deep breath and slowed the speed of his heart, to perceive his surrounding quicker than normal. Ace heard the same sound, but slowed down, Ace quickly turned and fired a shot, striking the figure in the shoulder. 

Ace went up to the figure, and pulled out his swords, but the figure vanished in a aura of fire. The figure appeared behind Ace, and Ace ducked under the sword, that nearly grazed his forehead, and swept the leg of the figure. The figure fell into a beam of light and it was revealed to be an assassin from the clan Ace's grandfather used to fight against. The assassin got up and picked up his sword. "You dare to wear the colors of your ancestors?" the assassin said. "These are the colors of my fallen, victims to your clan's regime. Now run along, no use getting yourself killed out here." Ace said. "We shall see about that." The assassin said. Ace slashed forwards, and the assassin dodged out of the way and countered the attack. Ace rolled out of the way, and threw a knife at the assassin. The assassin used his sword to deflect the knife shooting it into the air. Ace ran forwards, kicking the assassin in the stomach, and lifted him into the air, and threw him onto the ground where the knife would land. The assassin landed with a thud, and the knife grazed his face, cutting off the mask. The assassin stood up, and the mask fell to the floor, and Ace could see the man he was fighting. "Dad?" Ace said aloud. Ace's father covered his face, and turned away from Ace. "I thought I'd never see you in those colors." Ace's father said. "What the hell, why were you trying to kill me, couldn't you see that I'm your own flesh and blood?" Ace said in anger. "Your father was wrong, he fought for the wrong reasons, I didn't want you to join his cause." Ace's father responded. Ace dropped his sword, and fell to his knees, clenching his fists. Ace took off his mask and hood, revealing his long hair, that covered his face. "Look at me, look me in the eyes, and remind yourself what you were going to do this for." Ace said, but his father didn't look at him at all. Ace walked over and kicked his father to his back, "Look at me!" Ace yelled. "Booker, stop." Ace's father said, and Ace backed away. 

Ace turned to see Nadellia walk into large room that they were in, "Ace, he's right. Your grandfather was fighting for the wrong reasons. He wasn't meant to kill you, but to try and convert you to believe that too, but that didn't go as planned." Nadellia said, tossing a uniform to Ace. The blue and black uniform with steel plating on the shoulders sat there, folded. Ace put on the other uniform's mask on and turned to Nadellia, then to his father. Ace's father stood up and handed a folder to Ace, and inside revealed a camera and some tapes. "Watch these, you'll see what I mean when I said that your grandfather fought for the wrong reasons." Ace's father said. On the first tape, shows the young fighter plotting to take out supply trades between New Alexandria and the other cities. On  the second tape, showed Ace's grandfather killing several Atherial Knights, and Azathorian troops. Ace looked closer and saw the Azrathian symbol on his grandfather's chest. "He lied to me." Ace said, "I am going to kill him." Ace said. "We already did, but this may come as a surprise to you." Nadellia started off. "The only reason why Ulgore went easy on you, during the fight between you two, is because Ulgore was your grandfather, but corrupted with the essence of darkness. Ace looked at Nadellia in shock, but before he Ace could say anything, a group of Azrathian assassins walked in. "Well what a family reunion we got here." said the first assassin. "Who's paying you, your leader is dead, you aren't benefiting from this." Ace's father said. "We aren't doing this  for a cut, this is to level the playing field." said the assassin, drawing his sword. Ace's father and the assassin clashed swords, and Ace fought off two assassins as Nadellia fought of two others. Ace and Nadellia killed the assassins, but the leader stabbed Ace's father in the chest. "Go get out of here! I'm going to slow them down, just go!" Ace's father yelled, as he pulled himself off of the assassin's blade, and stabbed him through the neck. Ace and Nadellia ran, Nadellia picked up  the uniform as they ran, and handed it to Ace. As they left the room a few more assassins came in, and Ace's father prolonged the fight. 

Ace and Nadellia left the abandoned warehouse, and hopped onto their horses and left. A few assassins were giving chase on their horses, and Ace shot at them with arrows. Ace killed an assassin's horse, but an assassin got close and started slashing at Ace. Ace ducked under the strikes, and decapitated the assassin and kicked his body off of the other horse. Ace and Nadellia kept riding, but the assassins were close, and a sudden portal opened in front of them, and they went into it. The portal instantly closed behind them, as to not let any of the assassins in with them. Ace and Nadellia came to a halt, and Jane and Emile were their with their weapons in their hands. "What's going on? Who were those guys?" Jane said. "Trouble." Ace said, as he walked back out of the temple wearing the new uniform.