The Rebel Ambush

"You want to help us escape? For what?" Ace said to the staff member. "You two have the skills to defend this facility, the Atherial forces could use your help." She replied. "I have a guy that will cut the power, allowing us to escape with maximum ease." she continued on. The lights suddenly went out and the emergency lights turned on. "That's our time, let's go!" She said as she opened the door and peered out. Empty halls. Ace and Knight exited first and they all headed towards the exit, with Ace keeping a lookout, and looking for possible attacks. The staff member unhinged a ventilation cover, and climbed inside. Ace and Knight followed, and they were lead outside, into the jungle. "Come on, they need us at the shoreline, we need to hurry." The staff member whispered at Ace and Knight. Ace looked at Knight, but he just shrugged his shoulders and followed after the staff member. All three of them had reached the shoreline, and Ace then loaded an arrow into his bow and aimed it at the staff member. She looked at Ace in confusion. "Is this a joke, you said there'd be something here for us." Ace said. She looked at Ace with a grin, before she was surrounded by a whirling flame, and in her place, a woman stood. She wore a robe around her body, a hood over her head, Azrathian armor strapped to her body with leather straps. "Who are you? And why have you lead us here." Ace said, drawing back his arrow again, aiming it at the woman. "I am someone you should fear, but I go by Sorceress." she said. Knight drew out his sword and looked around nervously. 

There was a long pause, and then a group of ten rebels and three Azrathian soldiers ran past the Sorceress and headed for Ace and Knight. Ace shot his arrow at the Sorceress, but she waved her hand over her, and a glowing green barrier appeared, trapping the arrow. She picked up the arrow and materialized a bow, using sorcery, and shot it back at Ace. Ace spun out of the way and shot another arrow at her, and she blocked it again. Knight slashed his way through the rebels, and the Sorceress ran through a portal to Azrathia. Ace climbed up a tree and shot three rebels in the chest, and jumped down onto a rebel, stabbing him in the neck, and turning to stab another in the neck. Ace put away his knife, and brought his bow back out, and shot the last remaining Azrathian soldier in the head. Knight walked up to Ace and looked at him. "I knew that there was something sketchy about her, she nearly got us killed." Knight said, "What are we going to do now?" Knight said. "We fight, just like how our ancestors did before us." Ace said.

Ace and Knight were walking back to the facility, and were trying to find a solution to their new problem. "We have to take her out soon enough, after she's done with us, she might go after George and cause chaos in New Alexandria." Knight said. Ace just looked at his bow, admiring the engravings of ancient Alexandrian symbols. 'To our divine right, we fight for peace and freedom.' as the engraved symbols say. They neared the facility close enough to see that there were many helicopters taking off, transporting soldiers to New Alexandria. Ace ran up to a scientist, "What's going on?" Ace said. The scientist turned around, "haven't you heard, New Alexandria is under attack by Azrathian troops. We have you two being transported there in the next flight out." the Scientist said. Ace and Knight looked at the city to see a flaming boulder crash through a building. "Is George and his team are there yet?" Ace said to the Scientist. "Of course, but they are taking a beating though." The Scientist said. "We will assist them." Ace said. "No, you will be military offices, guarding officials as they collect documents and bring them here." The Scientist said. Suddenly, many shot flew past Ace and Knight, Ace jumped behind a wall, and Knight dragged the Scientist to safety. Ace returned fire back at the rebels, shooting arrows at them, killing a few. "There are weapons inside, Knight. I'll get you a rifle." the Scientist said, entering the building.

Ace continued pushing back the rebels, with help coming from the other faculty workers and soldiers. Ace ran forward, and hid himself in the jungle. Ace ran up on a group of rebels, stabbing two rebels and used them as body shields to block the bullets. Ace grabbed a rifle off of the floor and returned fire, heading back into the shrubbery. Ace moved quickly and quietly through the bushes, and crept up behind them, stabbing one in the back, pulling the pin of his grenade, and kicking him forward to the other rebels. Ace was blown back into the shrubbery, and looked upon the scattered bodies. In the distance, the rebels were retreating. Ace got back on his feet, and headed back to the facility. Ace found Knight, breathing heavily with an empty rifle in his hands and bullet holes in the wall he was hiding behind. "Tough fight, huh?" Ace said grinning. Knight nodded and rested his head back. Knight and Ace turned to the pilot of the helicopter, who was now signaling them to get into the helicopter to be transported to the military offices. "Come on, let's go. We don't have all day!" the pilot yelled, "Next stop, New Alexandria's hellground."