An Old Army, A New Life

Ace rode away, thinking about who he was going to. Ace remembered a story that his father told him about an ancient tomb, filled with trapped souls of the people who died fighting against Ace's grandfather's reign of terror. "Maybe, maybe that will work. They will be willing to help me fight, for I will give them freedom." Ace thought to himself. "Now let's see where this tomb is." Ace rode around the outskirts of New Alexandria's sub-district odveký mesto, known as 'long-lived town', searching for anything that could hint to where the tomb might be. Ace's horse was stopped by a strange old man. "Hey, you there. A-are you one of those warriors that fought against the Azrathian forces, about fifty years ago?" The old man asked. "No, but I did help save New Alexandria from the Azrathian forces a few months ago." Ace responded. "I only asked, because I thought you warriors were all dead." The man said. "Where is the tomb with the alleged trapped souls of my clan's warriors?" Ace asked. "Well, aren't you part of that clan? If so, then you should already know, you will be able to feel the connection." The old man said. Ace looked around thinking about something. "How would you know about..." Ace's voice trailed off, for the man had just disappeared. Ace wondered how the man could've left so quickly, in so little time. "The man looked like he had a limp in his walk, how could he have moved so far, in so little time?" Ace wondered as he began riding away again.

Ace went outside of the city's boundaries. There, the talisman on the underside of Ace's wrist guard began to light up. "What's going on here?" Ace thought, as the talisman shot out a beam of light into the sky, then disappeared, and all that was left was a faint glow, pointing in a direction. Ace followed the direction to where the light was pointing. Ace kept riding, and riding, until he noticed that the light was pointing in the opposite direction. Ace turned around and went back, when the light pointed in the opposite direction again. "This must be where the tomb is located." Ace thought to himself, "What do you want me to do, get a shovel and dig?" Ace said to the sky. Suddenly the sound of rocks shifting filled Ace's ears, as the ground that he was standing on was slowly sinking into the ground, revealing a catacomb-like structure under the surface. "What is this place?" Ace thought as he hitched his horse at the entrance, and went into the catacombs. "Who are you, and why are you here?" A faint, female voice said to Ace. Ace looked around, no one in sight. "These people died fighting for a great cause, but will you?" The voice continued to say, as Ace went deeper into the catacombs. Ace looked at all of the old inscriptions in the walls. There were many torches lighting up the old tunnels. Ace took out his sword, when the sounds of a man's footsteps ran past. The sound of a sword grinding against the walls attracted Ace's attention. Ace turned around to see a man, wearing Ace's father's clan uniform, with the trademark sword and armor. Ace looked at the man's exposed face from the mask he was wearing. He had dark, red eye, and his skin was pale and grey. "Who are you?" Ace asked, but the man was absolutely quiet.

Ace ducked and rolled away from the strike that the swung at him. Ace stood back up and held his sword tight in his hands, as the warrior turned into a puff of smoke and charge at Ace. Ace tried attacking the being, but his sword just slid through, and the figure didn't even react to it. Ace holstered his sword and ran through the narrow, twisting catacombs. "They cannot be killed by conventional means." the woman's voice said again. Ace came across an open room, within it were a bunch of coffins and an altar, where a book laid. Ace walked forwards through the open area, and the door slammed shut behind him. Ace turned around quickly, and Ace knew he was trapped in here, then all of the coffins were blown open, and the empty souls of the warriors seeped out and materialized into the human-like appearance. "Who dares to trespass our sacred resting place!" All the souls said in a deep, raspy voice. "I am the son of your leader, Booker." Ace said aloud. The souls looked at each other, and a few chuckled at Ace. "What is your purpose here?" Said a familiar voice. Ace turned towards the book, and a woman in a dark dress stood with a large helmet on her head. "Who are you, I swear I've seen someone like you before?" Ace said. "No, you have never seen me before, but you still haven't answered my question." The woman said. Ace turned to all of the dead spirits in the room. "I know you all fought and died fight the Azrathian army. I fought them and succeeded, taking over their land, but there are a few things needed to be taken care of here and there." Ace said. The spirits loomed closer to Ace. "Your side of the battle took down the Azrathians?" a spirit said in the front row. Ace nodded, and the spirit's eyes widened. "What do you request of us?" the spirit said. "I wish for you to help me, I currently have a bounty on my head, and I'm being hunted down by Azrathian bounty hunters. All I ask is that you help me out, and maybe I could get the elder gods to revitalize this ancient clan. You've given your life for a few centuries, I think it would be great for you to get a second shot at redemption." Ace said. The spirits nodded and disappeared back into their coffins. Ace turned to the woman. "I swear I've seen you before." Ace said. Ace walked close, but the woman backed away. Ace showed that he meant no harm, and the woman allowed him to get close. Ace took off the woman's helmet, and Ace saw that it was Abigail. "Abigail! You're alive." Ace said happily. "Not exactly." Abigail spoke in a soft voice. "I am... what some would call... lost forever." Abigail said, with a sad expression in her voice. "Not unless we can find the rest of the pieces of your soul." Ace said. Ace handed Abigail her helmet, and she put it on. "Maybe I could see George again, maybe." Abigail said, before she vanished into nothing in front of Ace. Ace looked at where Abigail stood, but was turned back around when the coffins began bursting open, and the bodies of the dead warriors began crawling onto their feet. They stood there, glowing red eyes, and dirty clothes. "Well, you guys aged well for being dead for almost a hundred years." Ace said. "We may be an old army, but now, we are given a new life, a chance at redemption." The undead warrior said.