The Ambush

Ace and the undead warriors made it out of  the catacombs and rode through the desert, far from the outskirts of New Alexandria. "Booker, where shall our enemies be hidden?" The leader asked Ace. "If they want you to see them, they'll show themselves to you. I would suggest finding a forest, and have all of you hide withing the foliage." Ace said. The leader nodded and commanded his army to follow his lead. The fleet came to the end of the desert and entered the snowy forests, and Ace was heading to a clearing, as the undead warriors hid in the shrubbery. Ace hopped off of his horse, and equipped his bow in one hand, and held a poison arrow in the other hand.

An hour passed before the sounds of horses came pounding away on the other side of the forest. It sounded as though there were a whole army of them heading this way, as if they were running a hostile takeover. Ace stood up from the rock he was sitting on, when  the familiar Azrathian and Azathorian warriors came trotting in on their horses. "Great to see you again, let's finish our fight." They both said in sync. "Likewise." Ace said. Both Ace and the Azrathian warrior called in their attacks at the same time. The undead warriors and the Azrathian swordsmen leaped out of the trees, swinging swords at each other. The Azathorian warrior was distracted by the huge conflict, and Ace tackled him to the ground. Ace missed his knife strike, and stabbed his knife deep into the hardened dirt. The Azrathian warrior was about to pull Ace away, but an undead swordsman jumped onto him, and stabbed him in the stomach. The Azrathian threw the undead warrior to the ground, and decapitated him. Ace pulled his knife out of the dirt, and repeatedly stabbed the Azathorian in the thigh and Ace stood up and kicked him in the ribs. The Azathorian rolled down a hill, hitting rocks on the way down. Ace was going to go after the Azrathian warrior, but an Azrathian archer fired an arrow at Ace. Ace quickly reacted, and slowed down his perception of time. Ace readied three arrows in his bow, and fired them, and watched as all three went directly into the archer's head. Ace turned around and fired an arrow into a swordsman, and killed another archer, before time began to go back to it's normal speed. Ace took out his sword and ran after the Azrathian warrior. An undead warrior ran into a group of five Azrathian swordsmen. He blocked several sword strikes, and counter attacked, killing three and wounding the rest. He then ran and killed a few more swordsmen, as a group of undead warriors ran past him, and takedown several groups of Azathorian warriors. Ace jumped and brought the Azrathian warrior to the ground. "You'll never see your family again. At least, not for a long time." The warrior said, as he kicked Ace to the ground. "Any contact is good enough for me." Ace said. Ace and the warrior stared at each other, as they clenched their swords. They were distracted when a flaming branch fell between them. They both jumped back, and looked as the whole forest was on fire. The Azrathian warrior saw this as an opportunity to escape, and whistled for his horse. The horse ran and jumped over the fire, and the warrior got on and rode away. "Dammit no!" Ace yelled, as his horse went up to Ace. Ace jumped on and chased after the warrior. Ace shot an arrow, piercing the warrior's horse in the chest.

Ace watched as the horse fell, and the Azrathian warrior fell and rolled into a river. "Damn, you may kill me, but you aren't going to win." The warrior said. "You attack me, and you beg for me to let you live? How pathetic." Ace said, readying an arrow. "Fine, do it. I have troubled you enough, and I'll let you feel better about finally being able to see your family." the warrior said tossing his gear into the river, and taking off his iron helmet. Ace shot the arrow, and it pierced straight through the warrior's skull, and he stumbled on his feet before splashing into the river. Ace slowly put down his bow, and returned to the battlefield. The swordsmen stopped fighting, and the undead warriors were cheering, and waving their weapons into the air. "I have done it. Now, I only went after your leaders, and if you wish to live a life you want to live, I'd suggest you leave this realm, and never return." Ace said to the surrendering Azrathian swordsmen. They scrambled to their feet and fought to squeeze in through their portals. "Let us head to Acention, for the elder gods shall see how greatful you fighters are. They will be happy to allow our clan into the forces of light." Ace said, shaking the leader's hand. "Men, my fellow Shakan, we have done a great deed today, we've proved to ourselves that our efforts can indeed accomplish any hardships we face. Even in death, we can prove formidable allies." the Shakan leader said. Ace opened a portal to Acention, and the Shakan clan members went inside, saluting to Ace. "Bravo!" The director said, clapping to Ace. "Now why did I think your ugly face would show up here." Ace said. "Watch yourself, unless your family is going to be taken away again." The director said with a serious look on his face. "Now, go on, your family is back at your home." the director said, walking away into the fog. Ace smirked and hopped back onto his horse.

Ace arrived home, and Ace's son and daughter went up and hugged him. Nadellia slowly walked to Ace. "You could've worked a bit faster. Three months? It took you that long." Nadellia said. "I tried my best, and look, your wound healed." Ace said. Nadellia sent the kids to their rooms and Ace and Nadellia sat down at their dining room table. "So, what's the catch for you helping them out? Are you going to be sent off fighting their wars now?" Nadellia said. "Hopefully not, that would be dreadful if that was the case." Ace said. "But now, I wish to live a normal life now, leave my past behind." Ace said. "Then what?" Nadellia said, expressing concern. "What about the lives of our children?" Nadellia said. "Y'know, I think George had the same talk with his wife." Ace said. Nadellia chuckled. "Well, I guess I'll get dinner ready for us." Nadellia said, getting up from her chair, and turning on the stove.