The Wedding

•Brinley's POV•

"Justin? Baby you said you'd be here for the cake testing today. We're getting married in less than a month and we've put it off for too long. Can the studio please just wait?"

I hold my phone in between my ear and my shoulder as I look in my purse for a piece of gum. I finally find the pack and pull out a stick, unwrapping it, before I put it in my mouth and chew on it nervously. I glance around at all the cakes surrounding me in the small shop as Justin speaks up.

"I'm two minutes away babe. I'll be there, I promise."

I can hear the sound of his car on the road as background noise, reassuring me that he's actually on his way this time.

"Okay.. I'll see you soon."

I hang up and walk back to the nice lady waiting at the table with a bunch of cake plates in front of her.

"I'm sorry, he's on his way:"

"Oh it's no problem. He's a busy man it's understandable."

We both quietly laugh about it to break the awkward silence as I sit down and suddenly feel stupid for even grabbing gum because I'll be eating cake in about five minutes. So I force a smile and swallow it instead feeling the mint burn my throat.

I'm on the edge with the whole wedding thing. It's stressful enough just having to deal with it out and open in the media. But everything that we have to decide behind closed doors is stressing me out.

I didn't know what type of flowers on each table mattered. I didn't think the cloth that the tablecloths are made out of made any difference at all.

But apparently it does.

And it's hard to decide everything because Justin isn't there to help 90% of the time. After the wedding he's starting another tour which means he's having meetings left and right with different business men about it. He's shown up to what I've asked him to be there for, but he's never on time because of the stupid meetings.

The bell rings above the door indicating someone has walked in and it snaps me out of my thoughts.

I turn back and a familiar feeling creeps into my stomach at the sight of Justin in a suit with his hair in different directions and his eyes glancing around the small shop before they lock with mine.

God he's so hot.

He gives me a small smile as he walks to me before he sits down beside me and leans over giving my lips a quick peck.

"I'm sorry I'm late babe. I was in a meeting that got scheduled last minute."

I bite my lip trying to control the need to just pounce on him here and now with how good he looks.

Goodness Brinley control yourself.

"It's okay." I manage to say and before I could stop myself, I lean over and press my lips to his again, roughly this time. I sigh in pleasure at the contact as his hand cups my cheek and he kisses back with more force only causing the need for him to grow stronger. I pull back suddenly realizing that the nice lady was watching us both and I clear my throat.

"You're here now.. that's what matters."

I glance at her and give her a smile seeing her return it before she takes a deep breath and holds out a book to us.

"Okay.. This is a book of all the cakes and their ingredients. You can pick anything you like and I'll bring it out for you both to try."

She probably should've told us there is a limit to how many cakes we could try because an hour later we're surrounded with at least 40 pieces of cake. Justin takes a bite of the coconut piece and I wait for his reaction, knowing he hates coconut. He looks at me and scrunches his nose, quickly shaking his head back and forth as he reaches for a napkin to spit it out causing me to laugh.