Spending time with Ms. Feisty

•Justin's POV•

"What do you want Justin?"

I smirk in amusement at a tired and grumpy Brinley answering the door at 7am the next morning. Last night wasn't anything eventful, honestly. We ate dinner and they went home.

But now that I'm back in Canada, I figured I could use a friend. And who better to fill that spot than the girl next door?

"Justin." She says sternly which snaps me back into reality.

She's not a morning person.

"Do you wanna do something today?" I ask.

Her facial expression doesn't change as she gives me an unamused look that lasted longer than it probably should have.

Here I am standing on her front porch, both of us just staring at each other not saying a word.

Finally, she speaks up.

"Let me get ready. But knock on my door at 7am one more time and I'll kick you where the sun doesn't shine."

I chuckle at her small threat as she walks away from the door leaving me to wonder if I should step inside or not.

"Don't be afraid popstar."

I take that as my chance and step inside as I close the door behind me. I look around the house and my stomach turns at the familiarity.

Maybe I should just sit down since girls take hours to get ready.

I walk inside her living room noticing nothing has really changed.

As soon as I sit down though, I'm on my feet again once hearing the front door open. I quickly make my way to it but collide with a figure and we both stumble back.

I notice it's a guy with shaggy brown hair, kinda how mine used to look when I was younger. I glance over his frame seeing him built, but not as built as I am.

Not that I care.

"Who are you?" I ask bluntly.

I notice him scan me over the same way I did him and his eyebrows furrow together slightly.

"Carson. I'd ask the same but I already know who you are. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Brinley."

"So am I."

I felt a strange feeling arise inside me as Brin trots down the stairs looking amazing in only under 5 minutes. Her eyes meet mine but when she sees this Carson kid, her smile beams at him.

"Carson! Hey, what are you doing here?"

Hm, seems to be a lot more cheerful to see him than she was me.

"Thought we were gonna go out for coffee this morning. Vanessa couldn't make it so it'll just be you and I." He says and I awkwardly look around the room.

"I completely forgot.." She admits and I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

"It's all good. We're both ready now though so you wanna head out?"

I raise my eyebrow as he doesn't even acknowledge my existence. I step forward about to say something but as I open my mouth, Brinley steps back and puts a hand on my chest almost like she knew I was getting impatient. And just with that little act, I wasn't angry anymore.

By a simple touch of the girl next door.

"Think I could take a rain check? Justin just came back into town and I promised to show him around."