Vacation Drama

~2 Years Later~

•Justin's POV•

I still think about her.

A lot, actually.

I still let my mind wander to how she's doing.

Maybe she misses me as much as I miss her.

Maybe, just maybe, I can gain her trust again.

Maybe she still keeps the gifts I gave her.

Maybe she's not as happy with him as she makes it seem.

When my mom told me we're going on vacation with Brinley's family, I immediately agreed.

It's been two years since I've seen those beautiful blue eyes in person and honestly this little trip is long over due. I made my mom make sure Brin and I get to share every hotel room together. It's my time to show her how much I've changed.

Even though she has a new boyfriend, just as I asked, she's still my Brin.

After two long and hard years of counseling and therapy, and an increase of dosage in my medicine, I'm better than I've ever been. Mentally and physically.

I feel amazing.

When we walk into the airport to meet Brinley's family, I can't help but start to feel nervous at the thought of seeing her.

The paparazzi snap pictures as they shout questions at me.

"You nervous JB?"

"How long has it been since you saw Brinley?"

"You know she has a new boyfriend?"

I let out a breath and glance over at one of them.

"I'm a little nervous, yeah."

That's all I say before I stand by my mom while she calls Layla. When I hear someone calling my moms name, I turn around to see them all walking towards us. My eyes stay on Brinley and I get the chance to look her over.

She looks different.

Confident.

Strong.

Her hair is dyed darker and she looks extremely fit. She's actually wearing makeup but it makes her eyes stand out more, so I like it. Her outfit is a hoodie and leggings.

At least that hasn't changed. She's obsessed with hoodies.

She stands in front of me and we both stare at each other longer than necessary.

"You dyed your hair." She says and stares at the now blonde mess on my head. I smile slightly and nod as I glance at her hair, now a lot longer than I remember.

"So did you."

She looks away; trying not to smile at me as she looks at the guy next to her. I didn't notice him as my eyes were only on what's important here.

"This is Derek. My boyfriend. Derek, this is Justin."

I glance at the Derek guy and hold my hand out to him. He shakes it, trying to break my hand in the process making me already hate him.

I could snap his hand in a second but I'll be nice.

We nod at each other and my mom asks if we're all ready to head to my jet. I grab Brinley's bags for her before Derek can and she smiles up at me.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you."

---------------------