Falling in.. Love??

•Brinley's POV•

"You think she's gonna sue?" I ask as I dip another strawberry in chocolate.

Basically once Hailey came in with practically no clothing on..

Let's just say I don't take boxing classes for nothing.

"That's not exactly how Hollywood works babe. She'll probably just blackmail me into hanging out with her so she gets more fame and then she'll drop the incident." Justin says and I frown as I look at him.

"How many people have used you for their benefit?" I ask and watch as he eats a watermelon slice.

"More than id like to admit." He says and avoids eye contact with me.

A certain someone pops into my mind and I bite the inside of my cheek debating whether I should ask or not.

Fuck it.

"Selena?" I ask quietly and his eyes dart to mine.

"No." He answers almost immediately and his once happy eyes start turning sad.

"Never her." He says quietly and grabs another piece of fruit.

I let out a breath and set down my strawberry.

"Tell me what happened."

"I can't. You won't wanna be with me once I do."

"Justin we both know that's not true."

It's silent for a while as I wait for him to speak. As soon as I think he's not going to, he surprises me by making eye contact with me.

"Selena is one of the most down to earth and real people I've ever met. She fell for my floppy hair and high pitched voice. It was never forced with her. We were attracted to each other right off the bat and we fell hopelessly in love."

He pauses for a second and pain crosses his face.

"I'm telling you this because you asked for it so here goes nothing.."

He takes a deep breath and stares at me.

"I was convinced that I was gonna marry her. I knew she was my soul mate. She had to be. We were more in love than the average teenage couple. But I fucked it up. I let my fame get to my head and I took all the anger I had built up.. And I took it out on her. I became verbally abusive to her. I made her feel like she was nothing and a woman like that.."

He shakes his head and swallows hard.

"A woman like her should never feel the way I made her feel."

His words don't hurt me. I understand caring and loving someone like that, so I'm not upset or jealous.

I'm hurting because he is.

He knew he was in the wrong.

"Brinley I did something that I was raised to never do. My mama raised me right and I deliberately went against all her teachings. I cheated on Selena. Once."

I take a deep breath as he confirms the rumors floating around all the media sites.

So it's all true.

"I was extremely high and I let myself make excuses for it but truth is the look on Selena's face once she found out, kept me up for days. After that we were never the same. We were the toxic couple that everyone got sick of seeing. We were the make up-break up couple. But man I loved her with everything in me and it's hard to admit but I literally ruined such a perfect woman. Yes, she did some things too but not nearly as bad as what I did to her."