Homecoming

•Justin's POV•

Brinley told me everything that happened between me and Selena after my constant begging. I just can't believe I would do something like that. That's not how I was raised.

Brinley and I haven't really talked for a couple hours. We've been laying on the bed and she's scrolling through her phone as I stare at the ceiling.

This is how it's been for the past 3 hours.

"Awww."

I look over, surprised that she actually even said something.

"What?" I ask and she turns her phone to me showing me an Instagram picture of her best friend Vanessa and Carson next to her. They're both holding a sign but I don't get a chance to read it.

"Vanessa got asked to homecoming by Carson."

From all the memories that have been coming back lately, I know Vanessa is actually a good friend of mine also. So is Carson.

I stare at Brinley as she looks over the picture and sadness overwhelms her features before she lets out a breath and continues scrolling through the posts. I slowly sit up and stare at her.

"Aren't you gonna go?"

She glances over at me and laughs slightly but I could still sense how upset she is.

"No, I'm on tour with you babe. I don't even go to public school anymore."

"Oh."

That's all I say as I lay back again and think about different ways I could ask her to homecoming.

Maybe Brinley needs to feel normal for once.. she's given up everything for me. Maybe she just needs one night to be in her old life.

-------------------
I hold up the sign to Ryan and he glances it over before nodding.

"You think it looks okay? She loves Disney so I figured-"

"That looks amazing. You're welcome for outlining it." Vanessa speaks up and I give her a small smile.

"This feels weird. Like.. I don't know. Just strange."

"It's because this is what normal people do." Ryan says and I glance at him before I shrug and set the sign down.

"Did you guys put the icing on the cookies yet?" I ask and glance behind them at the tray of cookies shaped like Mickey Mouse ears that spell out 'HOCO?'

"Okay everything looks awesome." I glance around before I grab the bouquet of flowers and then the necklace I had made.

"What's that?" Vanessa asks as she eyes the necklace.

"Oh I had a necklace made to go along with the Disney theme."

"Justin.."

"It's only a couple diamonds."

"Dude.." Ryan says but I shake my head.

"It wasn't that much. $25,000 is pocket change. She deserves more but I'm supposed to act normal, right?"

They all just stare at me and slowly shake their heads.

"What?" I ask innocently and Vanessa let's out a breath.

"Nothing.. this is as normal as it's gonna get. Carson said they're coming up the elevator now so get ready."

I can feel my palms sweating as I think about Brinley seeing the work we've been doing all night. Fake candles are lighting the room and rose petals are on the floor in the shape of a heart. I stand in the middle of it as Ryan sets the cookies on the small table beside me and I hold up the sign along with the flowers and necklace. Vanessa starts recording on her phone and when I give her a nervous look she gives me a reassuring smile. I can hear the door to the room being unlocked and Brinley is holding a couple bags when she walks inside with Carson trailing behind her. She looks up and her eyes widen before she looks at me and reads the sign. A huge smile spreads across her face and she brings her hands over her mouth.