Different Journies

•Justin's POV•

~3 Weeks Later~

Brinley's words repeat in my head as I walk into the studio the next day. This is how it's been for the past three weeks.

We're back in LA for a few days for some award shows and what not so I wanna continue working for the fans.

They're not that happy with me after the whole Sophia Richie scandal and I'll admit I've been a bit of a dick to them, but my life has been stressful right now.

And I know if I apologize they'll think it's a lie to promote my next album or they'll just think it's Scooter.

Regardless, I walk into my private room as I think about Brinley.

She's with Vanessa and Carson right now.

We haven't spoken much since the night she told me I still had a chance with her.

"Justin."

That familiar voice makes my stomach turn and when I look up I see Selena looking more confident than I've ever seen her.

She's pissed at me.

I'm kinda pissed at her.

Things kinda went south between us while Brinley and I were broken up for those two years.

1 year ago:

"Selena could you listen for five fucking seconds before opening your mouth?"

She glares at me before pushing on my chest, trying to move me away.

"You're such a dick. Do you know that? You haven't changed. I'm so stupid and naive to fall for your same bullshit again. You're still talking to other models while we're supposed to be together. I don't understand you. You say you want to make it work but then you have side bitches left and right."

"They're friends, Selena! For fucks sake I wouldn't put you through that again. I swear to you."

"Then stop messaging them period. This is exactly how it started last time."

I notice tears start to come to her eyes and she shakes her head as she walks to the opposite side of the hotel room.

I let out a breath and lean against the door as I watch her.

She runs her hands through her hair and takes a deep breath before she faces me again.

"I shouldn't be crying over you. I'm successful and I'm true to myself and I can sure as hell be happy without you."

That makes me angry.

"You're successful, huh? And where'd you get all that success from baby? Not from your flop albums or from your down-the-drain Disney show. I did that. You're successful because of me. Signing that contract for us was the best decision of your life. At least that's how the "exposing pages" put it."

"Fuck you!" She screams and starts grabbing everything she owns from the hotel room.

"Our love was never on a damn contract and you know that just as well as I."

She clenches her jaw and throws her bag down before she faces me.

"I don't get it. Why treat me this horrible? Do you enjoy seeing me in pain?"

"I'm just trying to help. Take a lesson from Taylor, and go write another hit song about your heartbreak."

"Why? So you can just go on radio shows and talk about how much you "love me" and "miss me" and "wish me the best"? You think I use you for publicity but I'm not the one talking about you in interviews. I'm not the one saying publicly that my songs are about you. I'm not the one posting every five seconds about you on social media just to get a reaction when I'm bored. You use me for attention because even though you deny it, your fans are starting to hate you and so is the rest of the world. For once the media has it right. You're a punk ass popstar that takes advantage of people to get to the top. You don't love your fans-"