Faithful

•Justin's POV•

I slowly wake up and glance around not seeing Brinley anywhere in sight. I guess I must've drifted off last night once she did. It looks like she hasn't slept or eaten for a while, so I was okay with her getting some rest.

I sit up in my bed and wince slightly at the pain that shoots through my body but I shake it off and run my hands through my hair. I jump slightly when the door opens and when I look over I'm surprised to see Selena Gomez standing in the doorway.

My heart starts beating fast as she smiles at me and closes the door behind her.

Fuck, she's so beautiful.

Ok, Justin. Be cool. Be calm. You got this.

"Hey.." she trails off and I just stare at her.

She's definitely my celebrity crush. Behind Beyoncé and Rihanna, of course.

"You're Selena Gomez.."

Sadness fills her features and she nods as she makes her way to the side of my bed. She doesn't sit, she just looks me over and I flinch when her fingertips run across the patches along my chest. When I flinch she quickly pulls away.

"I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"No, no not at all. It just scared me a little that's all."

I run my eyes along my arms scanning over all the tattoos.

Why the hell would I get so many? What do they even mean?

"I know you don't remember me.. or what we had. But I've come here a few times to check in on you. As soon as I got word in that you were okay, I dropped everything and came."

"I do remember you."

Her features look surprised and then a big smile spreads across her face making me wanna smile.

"Really? You do?"

"Yeah, you're Selena Gomez. Big time celebrity."

Her features slowly drop and she shakes her head as she looks down at her hands.

"No, Justin. You and I were dating for a good 3 years of our lives off and on."

I widen my eyes and stare at her like she's crazy.

"No way."

She laughs quietly and looks up at me.

"Yep, it's the truth."

"Why did things end?"

"We had different lives ahead of us. We were toxic. The makeup-breakup couple so we decided to be friends. And for the fact that you fell in love with Brinley. That's something I wanna talk to you about because you don't remember and I doubt she's going to tell you."

"Tell me what..?"

"Brinley has given up everything to be with you. She left her normal life behind to go on tour with you. She studies continuously and has never gotten below an A on anything. Yet she still shows up to almost every show to support you. She's never downgraded you to the press or to anyone. Hell the only reason she's ever left this hospital while you were in here is to go home and shower. That girl loves you more than anything and she honestly deserves more credit-"

The door opens and Brinley comes in holding some McDonald's bags in her hands. I take a minute to look her over and notice she looks better than she did the other day. Her hair is straight down and she's wearing a big hoodie with black leggings. She might even be wearing makeup today but she doesn't need it. She's so beautiful just naturally.