Letting Go

•Brinley's POV•

Being back in LA means being back with my two best friends.

And Derek.

We've been here two days and surprisingly he's acting like he did when we first started dating.

I loved Derek, I truly did. And over the past few days he's showed he's sorry for what he's done.

I've grown to forgive him because there's no need to hold something against someone.

I haven't seen Justin the whole time we've been here.

I've received a couple texts from him but other than that, it's nothing.

I can't exactly say I'm upset though.

I rest my head on Derek's lap as all of us watch a movie.

We all grown when there's a knock on the door and Carson gets up.

"I got it."

I ignore it as I focus on the movie but that soon ends when Justin comes in front of me. He glances at Derek and I notice his mood visibly change just at the sight. His fists ball at his sides and I sit up as I keep my eyes on him.

"Justin, what are you doing here?"

His eyes lock with mine and I see him start to calm down.

"I need to talk to you. In private."

I nod and follow him up the stairs and he walks into the guest bedroom before he closes the door and faces me. I rock back on my heels as I stare at him; now getting a good look at him.

He looks slightly pale and nervous. But also in an extremely good mood.

"I'm not sure how to say this because I.. It's gonna be something I never thought I'd have to say to you."

I raise my eyebrow as he steps closer to me.

"This is actually harder than I thought."

He takes a deep breath and breaks eye contact with me as he glances around the room.

"I love you, Brinley. I think I'll always love you. But.. Sometimes life throws unexpected things at you, ya know? And right now, something major and completely unexpected has happened."

My stomach turns uneasily and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Just say it Justin.."

"I," he takes a deep breath and paces around the room, "Fuck. I just gotta say it."

I patiently wait as he pulls on his hair before he faces me again.

"Selena's pregnant. And it's mine."

You know when you read those books and the character describes how there's always a life changing moment?

When it feels like the whole world is frozen and you're just stuck in the one time frame, unsure of what to do?

That is exactly how I feel right now.

It takes me a second to register his words and at first I think it's a joke. There's no way Selena could be pregnant. There's no way it's Justin's kid. But the serious look on his face didn't fade and that's when my heart drops.

"You're.. You have a family with.. You're gonna be a dad.."

I step back and sit on the bed as my head spins and I try to think of the words to say to him.

"Are you okay..?"

"No." I say and stare at the ground; trying to brainstorm ways to sound as supporting as possible.

"Like I said Brin, I'll always love you. It's just.. lately things haven't been working between us. I fucked it up with us. And.. Man you know how much I want a kid. Selena is-"

"I'm happy for you. I really am. I'm just.. shocked."

He laughs slightly and sits beside me; nodding in agreement.

"Me too. I just.."

He looks over at me but my eyes stay glued to the floor.

"I hope we can stay in touch. I don't wanna lose you completely because of this. Maybe we're just better as friends.. I still need time to accept that, but if it's what's best then we'll know."

I feel his hand rest on mine and I finally glance over at him as I try not to break down right then and there.

I pushed him away too much and now I need to accept the consequences.

He was bound to move on at some point.

"Congrats." I say quietly and he glances over my features for a second. I'm taken back when his soft lips press against mine more gentle than ever before.

It was like our first kiss together all over again.

My hands move to his cheeks out of habit as I kiss back and pull him closer to me.

I pull away and already feel the tears forming in my eyes.

His forehead rests against mine and we both stay quiet but don't dare to move.

"I'm so thankful for you. And this is the hardest goodbye I've ever had to say to someone because I don't want to say goodbye to you Brin. I don't want to force myself to move on. But I'm gonna be a dad.. And I'm not going to have a family with Selena if I'm not with her. I don't want our kid to grow up with separated parents. We're gonna move in together.. I'm gonna put off my tour and I know you've been putting off modeling deals to be with me on tour so I want you to take them. Scooter can manage you as well. I want you to be successful.. I want you to be happy. You stuck by my side at my worst times and I'll forever be grateful for you. You are the love of my life Brinley Moore."

I close my eyes as his hand cups my cheek.

"You're the love of my life Justin Drew. You always have been. You always will be."

Tears threaten to spill from my water line and I slowly pull away from him.

"Tell Selena I wish her the best during her pregnancy."

I quickly leave the room before he could say anything else and I run down the stairs as tears stain my cheeks.

I ignore everyone as I run outside to my car. I start driving aimlessly around LA and I can't stop bawling.

I've lost him for good.

I never thought it would hurt this bad.

What am I supposed to do now?

A/N: IM CrYiNg

Stupid in LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara