Keep your promises

•Brinley's POV•

So the sleeping situation is decided. My grandparents get the one spare room and I get the couch.

Yes. The couch.

It was either that or sleep in Justin's room and I'd rather stay downstairs.

"The snow is already blocking the door." Justin says as he's watching the snow fall outside.

"Hopefully it melts tomorrow." I say and start to make myself comfortable in a pile of blankets.

After many games of cards and Justin and I being bored out of our minds, our grandparents decide it's time to head to bed. They pick up everything at the table and make their way upstairs. I sigh in satisfaction as I stay cuddled under the blankets, only my head peeking out to look at the ceiling.

I look and feel like a burrito.

A Brinley burrito.

Justin's head peeks over the couch and blocks my view from the ceiling making me frown slightly.

"Are you sure you wanna stay down here by yourself?" He asks, giving my features a glance over.

"I'll survive." I reply and he hesitates before nodding and walking up the stairs; turning off the lights in the process.

"Goodnight Brin!" He calls out from the top of the stairs.

"Night Justin." I reply and let out a breath as I close my eyes to try and fall asleep.

Truth is even with the fireplace on and even under a mountain of blankets and even with Justin's hoodie and sweats on, I'm still freezing.

Wow I suck.

I toss and turn for a couple hours, trying to ignore my conscious telling me to go upstairs.

Finally I give up and huff in defeat as I push the blankets off me and jog up the stairs as quiet as possible. I check on my grandparents first to make sure they're okay. They are fast asleep. I smile at the sight before I quietly close the door and make my way to Justin's room. I slowly open the door swallowing hard at the pitch black. The only light is coming from the bottom of the bathroom door because he forgot to turn the light off. I close the door behind me and walk to his bedside starting to see him appear more clear.

"Justin.." I whisper and he doesn't move. I sigh and glance around before I quickly shove his shoulder.

A little too hard though because he falls off the side of the bed landing with a loud thud.

A scowl escapes his lips and I widen my eyes as my hand covers my mouth.

"What the fuck?!" He says angry and I stay still, not knowing what to say.

He sits up and when his eyes land on me he's not angry anymore.

"I'm.. So sorry. I didn't mean to shove you that hard." I admit embarrassed as hell right now.

"What are you doing up here?" He asks and crawls back into his bed. I shift on my feet awkwardly and try and come up with a good excuse.

"The fire downstairs went out and I'm still cold so uh.. Do you have any more blankets I could borrow?"

Stupid stupid stupid.

He sighs and pulls his blanket back revealing a huge spot open on his bed next to him. I remember he's shirtless and my stomach does flips.

"Get in the bed Brin."

"What? No I just need another-"

"You're lying. Now come lay down with me."

His tired raspy voice makes me weak and I don't hesitate to crawl into the bed next to him.

"Don't touch me Bieber or I'll shove your own hand up your ass."

I could sense him rolling his eyes as his arm swings around my waist making me stiffen.

"Sounds painful." He mumbles and pulls me close to his chest. I start to argue but stop once I realize how warm he is. I slowly turn in his arms and cuddle up close to his bare chest as his warmth spreads through my body. I start to drift off to sleep but before I do, I swear I felt him kiss my forehead.

But maybe that was just a dream.

Not that I dream about him!

Cause I don't.

At all.

Night terrors. I have horrible night terrors almost every night in my sleep and it's always the same dream that has me waking up by screaming louder than ever.

I'm serious. It's so bad that one night the neighbors heard my screams and came over to see if everything was okay.

The dream feels so real that I feel paralyzed with fear sometimes.

It's about my parents.

In the dream I have to sit and watch my parents and everyone I care about get brutally murdered right in front of my eyes.

I bawl my eyes out as I see my parents and grandparents lifeless bodies on the ground. Vanessa and Carson are beside them and I know this is the part where I'm supposed to run but I freeze when I see Justin come into view. He looks terrified as he stares at me.

"Help me Brin.."

I scream louder as they slice his throat open.

"Justin!" I scream his name over and over again.

"Brin."

His voice echoes through my ears.

"Brin.."

"Brin!"

I jolt up in the bed screaming at the top of my lungs; begging for it to stop.

Strong arms wrap around me and I'm not in the right mind to think about who it is, I just start to freak more as I yell Justin's name. 

"Shh, I'm right here. Can you hear me, Brin? It's okay. You're awake, you're okay."

My grandparents burst through the door. The usual look of sadness is etched on my grandmas face as she quickly runs to my side.

She experiences this every night with me and I finally start to come to my senses.

It just felt so real.

I turn my head to look at Justin; tears still streaming down my cheeks and my breathing still too heavy for my own good.

"Y-You're okay." I choke out and lean into him as his grip around me tightens. I look back at my grandparents as Grams holds my hand.

"You're all okay." I barely whisper and she nods sympathetically.

"It was just the dream again Brinley. We're all okay sweetie.. Just get back to bed." She says and I slowly nod as I lay back down on Justin's bed. Grams gives my hand one more squeeze before her and Justin share a few words I didn't bother to listen to.

He's going to think I'm crazy.

I didn't notice my grandparents had left until Justin lays back down beside me and his arms come around me again. I quickly cuddle to him; basically clinging to him like a second skin.

"Brin..? Are you okay? You about gave me a heart attack." He admits and I sigh.

"I've been getting night terrors ever since my parents left. It's the same dream every night and it scares the hell out of me every time. I'm sorry, I can't control it."

He pauses for a second before he slowly nods. 

"Don't be sorry. I'll save you from your dreams, Brin. That's a promise."

A/N: I cry. It's a little dramatic but honestly that's who I am as a person I can't help it lmao. Enjoy! Comment and vote!